Monday, July 28, 2014

Monday's Missives


  • It shocks me Japan still kills their citizens for certain offenses. It is weird they do so as for over 300 years it was abolished there.
  • Dumb, awful, evil, stupid, counterproductive, archaic- the thoughts that flood my mind when the death penalty subject comes up.
  • The idea of modern drug cocktails being cruel and unusual though are a smokescreen and actually the abolitionists grasping at straws- I have personally  been under multiple times with the drug (s) used to knock the prisoner out- you are totally and absolutely unaware of what is going on around you.
  • An interesting thought: journalists, lawyers etc. should allow themselves to be put under and have their consciousness tested. That would be getting too real though I can guess.
  • Good story of how government ineptitude can ruin our lives
  • Being a cruise ship captain must be among the best jobs in the world while being any other crew member is probably worser than we could ever grasp. Seriously, I have never heard anything good about being in any other crew position.
  • If it were up to me I'd go to bed about 8 every night read for an hour or so awaken at about 3 get a drink, stretch and read for 30 minutes or an hour then nap for an hour to hour and a half then awaken and start my day.
  • No, it isn't always up to me- I have an FG and children.
  • Recently I took some time off without conferring with FG. It never occurred to her I might want some me time so she promptly went off, castigating me for not including her in the decision making flow chart.
  • If while looking at Craigslist ad for a car it says, "good conditions" instead of, "good condition" you can bet it is a Hispanic person selling it and in my area at least be careful it is not a salvage title rebuild that they're curbing to sell.
  • Curbing: process whereby a car lot or body shop employee takes a vehicle home to make it look like a private party sale.
  • The bicycle I am considering buying is a bargain at a grand. As I boy I could not have dreamed of saying that- on multiple levels especially as this is not an idle research- I'll most likely actually buy it soon.



1 comment:

an Donalbane said...

Agree that government is in many cases marginally competent - at best - to run certain projects. But the folks who were 'traumatized' by the hiatus of red M&Ms - for realz?

Oh, the humanity!

I think Henley & Co. expressed it aptly - "Get Over It!"