Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Wednesday's Digressions

Clark Gardens
  • Recently I mentioned that the 2014 Godzilla was really good. Remakes are often horrible but remakes of remakes always tend to be very good- Incredible Hulk comes to mind.
  • They're resurrecting Stargate. Don't ruin it dudes and dudettes.
    Only sign (besides their screams) of the peacocks in Clark Gardens. I really look forward to seeing the gardens during different seasons.
  • It doesn't matter if you're a doctor, lawyer, truck driver or street sweeper sports really is the universal language. I don't care anything about them and believe with all my heart a generation of males are being lost to them and video games but if I have a patient who requires a lot of followup visits I listen to The Ticket for a few minutes a day and at least read the sports related headlines. When I see said patient who is in to sports I don't act like a know it all (or even a know a lot) but I can competently and confidently talk about trades and upcoming games and share disappointments over losses etc. and it seems to mean the world to them.
  • Jedi mind tricks baby.

    Guineas and spiny lizards are among the fauna of C. Gardens
  • Yesterday (05/29/2014) a Nepali patient came into the clinic wearing a shirt with my eldest son's elementary school logo, dress shoes and slacks.
  • Darwin's Voyage Of Teh Beagle- what I'm reading. It isn't anything like I presumed it would be- boring, dry and archaic. He was a gifted and natural storyteller, a very skilled observer and communicator of the stories of human, botanical and animal life forms. I think religious people although unsure why, may have a vague sense they're supposed to hate him and non religious people although unsure exactly why have a vague sense they're supposed to worship him. So ridiculous, so stupid- we're our own worst enemies. Another connected thought: To me he looked distant and grumpy in his portraits but comes across as personable and compassionate in his writing.
  • Yes, I caught the, "Teh" up there. I thought it looked funny so I left it.

    If I knew magnolia blossoms have a scent I had forgotten that bit of knowledge and was surprised at how sweet and pretty they smell. Interestingly and oddly- they smell like they look if that makes any sense at all.
  • Tollways are a racket as when built there is rarely an option but to pay the exorbitant fees. You have no choice. There is no alternate route- pay up or pay fines and/or go to jail. So, on the face of it it is a government controlled racket especially as they say up front the toll is to cover the cost of building the road- then the tolls never go away even when the road is payed for (twice) by the government and their private sector partners in crime shaking you down.
    My kinda yard gnome accouterment- say hello to Gardenzilla.
  • Saying 1000 foot instead of 1000 feet  is widely accepted today but I think in the past we never saw that in practice- correct? It was,  The driveway is 1000 feet long instead of The driveway is 1000 foot long.
  • Learning to operate an excavator well is still on my list.
    Tin Man a 2007 mini series is really great- find it on Netflix

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The only Godzilla-related thing I have ever seen was this Hanna-Barbera cartoon series that my dad had on VHS tape when I was a kid.

I still know the theme song from it.

It was probably not representative of Godzilla stuff in general.

el chupacabra said...

Hey Katy-I am surprised I never heard about that one.
You should check out the originals. You can get boxed sets of all for next to nothing.
And for that matter check Netflix.
They are good rainy day drivel