Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Wednesday's Digressions

Dumb cats love X Mas wrapping.

What you get when you're my GF and you say, I want pancakes but I don't want to go out or make them. Will you make me some pancakes?

Then, this is what lunch looks like.



For dinner we ordered pizza. I was holding her dumb cat when the delivery guy knocked causing a feline freak out frenzy. Don't worry though, I wouldn't weird you out by letting you see me taking pictures of my nipples to add to my Portfolio Of Serious Personal Injuries, nor would I refer to my nipples as teats or breasts to gross you out. OK- I totally would but it is just part of my charm.
  • Werner Herzog  Burden Of Dreams. I have always thought if he and I met back during my drinking years we would have been fast friends.
  • I would like to experience a anechoic room. Supposedly though it will drive you crazy as we don't like being in places so quiet we can hear our heartbeat and our guts working.
  • There is a woman being charged with child endangerment for being photographed in a hot tub with her daughter topless. If the facts are as clear as they sound- we are crazy and really, really need to grow up and get a grip.
  • When I first became a nurse it was a matter of course that a homosexual person would be separated from a partner as they were dying if  the parents didn't allow a visit. It wasn't unheard of if there weren't parents or other family involved for hospital staff to, if not deny access to the patient by a partner they would be actively discouraged. I think that situation so often caused trouble there was a sense there was something actually wrong with the contact so staff preemptively tried to cut or limit contact.
  • Again- we are our own worst enemies and need to grow up.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

1. When I started working at this Legal Aid-type place years ago, we used to have a lot of trouble with hospital; visits for partners. We managed to get nurses on more than one occasion to distract Mom for long enough for us to execute Powers of Attorney and other documents. The problem isn't quite as common now...

2. I've never seen "Burden of Dreams," but I have seen Fitzcarraldo, and I have seen a documentary on Herzog and Kinski which has pieces from "Burden of Dreams."

There's a scene in the documentary where Kinski goes completely loopy, and it's fantastic.

Some of Herzog's stuff is fantastic. "Aguirre" is one of my favorites. And then there's the Nic Cage one...


el chupacabra said...

Klaus Kinski was one of my faves- he at least occupies that shelf in the weird side of my brain that thinks about lesser known, under appreciated greats.

He was in the Werhmacht in WWII and was wounded by Brit troops and captured on his second day of combat- another weird thing I think of when I see a pic of him or he crosses my mind.

el chupacabra said...

Klaus Kinski was one of my faves- he at least occupies that shelf in the weird side of my brain that thinks about lesser known, under appreciated greats.

He was in the Werhmacht in WWII and was wounded by Brit troops and captured on his second day of combat- another weird thing I think of when I see a pic of him or he crosses my mind.

el chupacabra said...

You can say that again- i suppose

an Donalbane said...

I ain't no fancy chef or nuthin', but that's shore a purty breakfast presentation - like ya done gone to culinary school and stuff.

Seriously, I first put hot sauce on eggs at a remote fishermen's diner way out on a jetty in Galveston Bay (I think we drove out from TX City), on a trip with my fiancée in 1981. I doubt I've eaten a fried egg without using Tabasco/picante/salsa/pico a dozen time since then. They were simply made for each other.

The Toddster recently scolded me for a rash of selfies I'd posted on my blog. I think that goes double or triple for selfies of rashes, or whatever, especially with nary a stitch of clothing in sight.

Just a word.