Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Wednesday's Digressions

Watching a wedding at Scarborough  





The owner of this skunk skin purse  grabbed it and drew it close to her when the bird handler  mentioned the horned owl he was holding specialized in eating skunks.








One of the people in the procession gave Zac this coin.

Falconer gives a young spectator some wisdom

  • Lincoln is on pause.
  • Days ago in a dream I told friend-girl the melted glass I was eating was fried glass. When I awoke  I was nauseated for hours, my stomach hurt and could smell a burned house odor in the background all day. 
  • The change machines at the laundromat take 20 dollar bills I recently learned. Based on the assumption they took only 1s and 5s I have been breaking 20s for months on the way to the laundromat. Laundromat pro tip: Do your laundry in the early evening if you do it on Sundays as you'll hardly ever beat the Mexican ladies to the 25 cent machines in the AM and in the early afternoon the oilfield workers are all there after sleeping off whatever they had been defiling themselves with all weekend.
  • Food is criminally expensive these days. No wonder people eat so unhealthily by using dollar menus etc. I make a decent enough living and try to shop smart and all that but it is discouraging when it costs 56 bucks to take 4 bags out of the grocery store and there isn't a single steak in any of said bags.
  • Friday 04122013 I saw a guy on 30 during rush hour stop at one the choke points and pick up a busted extension ladder. I am all for recycling and I know he would have made quite a bit off it but holy  frijoles Batman- how many lives did he risk doing that?
  • Liam Lynch Dolphin Song

No comments: