Monday, April 8, 2013

Scarborough Faire 2013

The entrance as it were.


First people I took note of inside the gate.

I still like the idea there is a medieval castle on the plains of Texas just south of the Fort Worth Dallas area.

I know- if you are going to suspend your disbelief and dream and pretend and all that you might as well go large but  can everybody be Lords and Ladies? Who is going to do the peasanting?

Boomer the weapons expert. You make my job too easy bro- I'll take the high road.

I wandered up after she was already masked and ready to engage. She was a killer.

Inside the castle which is actually a haunted house- as you find out as you're digging  your money out at the door and have already told your kids they could go.

It takes all kinds doesn't it?

Gentleman on the right had a turtle racing act. Appropriately he took too long to get to the point and we wandered off.


Cail the juggler is from Minnesota. He spits fire.

  • A good time was had by all Saturday. The weather was literally perfect and you can't beat the opening day energy.
  • My kids were used multiple times for demonstrations and the videographer spent 10 minutes filming us interact with each other and a couple of the actors.
  • We went into the castle for the first time. I had no idea it was a haunted house and had a vague recall hearing it was sort of a museum and well- a castle.
  • While expensive, the food there is always good.
  • The falconer rides a horse around for most of his act. I had never seen that before. It was a beautiful animal- big, well mannered,  bright eyed and muscular.
  • I may never forget the look of wonder on Zac and Chloe's faces.
  • May I never forget the look of wonder on Zac and Chloe's faces.

5 comments:

an Donalbane said...

Love the SRF - first attended 1984. I have pics from 7-8 yrs ago of the kids with the ripped dude in chainmail (pic 3) and of daughter & him from last year (I think). Is Cast in Bronze (carillon) back this year?

Daughter tried to chicken out of the haunted castle about 30 seconds in - I gave her a keychain flashlight (hey, I'd already paid the money) and my arm and told her we'd see it through together. Once we hit daylight again, she said it was fun and she hadn't really been scared.



Cattastroficka said...

No pics of the falconer's horse? Awwwwwwww poop.
When I look at the people in the first picture, were they a Lord and a Lady? (okay I see he looks like a knight, back to the woman) Because all I see is the cash in her bosom and I'll be a peasant as long as I can make cash like that. Now, if she was a Lady, then peasant.just.doesn't.work.for.me.
Get back to me on that, wouldja? LOL

an Donalbane said...

Wench-watching, the best sport @ SRF.

an Donalbane said...

Or is it wench-washing? You know, helping those girls from the mudd pitt get cleaned up after a performance.

'Cause it's good to do nice things for folks, right?

an Donalbane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.