Monday, April 29, 2013

Monday's Missives





  • The world is too small: an acquaintance was recently relating to me a story about a custody battle for her grandchild and during our conversation she mentioned her daughter in laws first name and an unusually named grandchild. I knew instantly the drug house she was referring to getting her grandchildren removed from was an old nursing buddy's from my years ago long term care nursing days.
  • Another example: I met a very gorgeous woman a while back and tried every trick in the book to get her to go out with me. She would say yes, then no then maybe. Finally I gave up. I've seen her twice since, each time with two different, scabby looking ugly dudes. Each time in a weird circumstance. One time she was smashed, sitting in a lounge chair on the patio of a bar/grill I was having dinner at- she lit up when she saw me and tried speaking to me, but was incomprehensible.
  • She must have been too good for me.
  • All of the Terminator movies had their moments, but I guess T2 was the best.
  • Kevinator- one of my old military nic names. Don't tell anybody- I don't like it.
  • Un Chien Andelou- what I'm watching. It is on Netflix if you're interested but you probably won't like it. It is an old silent movie.  Simone Mareuil one of the stars, killed herself by setting herself on fire. Her costar Pierre Batcheff also killed himself.
  • Papa Roach Forever a nice acoustic version.
  • If I had some money and wanted a lot more I would invest in 3D printing tech for buildings. It will use some form of concrete with a plastic binder. A computer will control how the mix is sprayed and buildings will get printed out in place in a single, continuous pour. It will revolutionize construction like nothing else I can think of. 
  • One word: 3D printing technology for building construction.
  • Well, OK that is 6 words but you get my point.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Some women just like the scabby old dude look.

You probably shouldn't take it too personally.

Or, in the alternative, you could try getting scabbier. I know you can do it!

el chupacabra said...

Katy- Ha! Yeah you're right. There is no accounting for taste. Thanks for your confidence in me!