Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Wednesday's Digressions



  • Calling pseudo ephedrine non drowsy is like calling Ambien non alertful. I've never done crack so I'll assume that is what it is like. I grind my teeth, talk too much, don't feel like eating, don't sleep well even hours after taking it and when I do I have weird dreams.
  • I heard the term European American recently to refer to I assume white people. Good grief.
  • Weird: Seeing someone from Congo, Cameroon or Uganda etc on a form refer to themselves as African American.
  • Weirder: That term for them makes perfect sense- as the forms question goes. Why does it strike me as odd?
  • One of my college history professors had an encyclopedic knowledge of world history. He was also a very good thinker. You know I hate the term but he was probably brilliant. He could relate current events to history and frame any event in whatever context you could ask for. And he was the most boring speaker ever- he literally spoke in an absolute, flat monotone. Today, we would think his lecture was the start of a viral video or as a goof on Ben Stein but no, it was real. Kids would leave his class looking absolutely whipped. They would stumble out looking shell shocked. I think he just didn't know any better.


    This is what you get when you mix a 5 year old, the dessicated cellulosic structure of a  prickly pear pad, a feather, an ink pen cartridge and a pair of scissors.







    I have had a flashback all my adult life of a candy my mom would make when I was a boy. I'm only pretty sure she used dates to make it. It was more or less a goopy paste and it was absolutely delicious.

    When I see these caps my first thought is, I wonder if he was really there? and the second is, Why does he need us to know?

    I tried to catch these pretzels being dragged and jerked through a tree limb but my camera wasn't on the gross mishandling of food setting.





    Why yes, that is a water fountain at Scarborough Faire.

    I wanted to tell Boomer the use of quotation marks to punctuate a word being used facetiously is incorrect but he had swords and battle axes and stuff like that.
  • My nursing buddy was out of the office for two days recently. I was literally lost. When somebody said, Whats the matter Kev? You don't seem your normal chipper self. I didn't even bother lying. I told them I don't do very well when she isn't around. Well, it actually came out as, I do better when senora Foofi is here.
  • Beastie Boys at their beastlie best- Sabotage live.

3 comments:

Opus #6 said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. Quill pen? Fun!

an Donalbane said...

Hey, what is the Mermaid Lagoon attraction @ SRF. I just heard something about that on the radio.

el chupacabra said...

Lady O thanks. Oddly I could not remember what that type of pen was called. I gave it to a girl in my office who like it. She is going to get her nails done and have pics made with it in her hand.

Don- I don't know man. Look and a schedule and get in line EARLY. There must have been 150 people in line when we wandered by.