Monday, April 15, 2013

Monday's Missives



  • Things that surprise most people to learn: It is not at all unusual for an experienced firefighter to have never attacked a fire in an occupied dwelling and it is rare for a police officer regardless of how long they have served to have ever stopped a crime.
  • Maybe I don't have a point and I definitely don't have an ax to grind, I just find it interesting how much of our world does not work like so many of us assumes it does.
  • You can look for the information yourself- the truth is out there but England has a higher violent crime rate than the US.
  • I can do the sound of a distressed kitten by mouth well enough that I've had friend-girl stop what she is doing and come looking for her dumb cat. Where is he? Is he stuck in the pantry? He sounds like he is in trouble. Also, I can get him to meow back and forth with me like we're talking about old times in cat language.
  • I can also do a fairly passable quail call.
  • What will all that get you? I don't know- nothing yet.
  • New glasses need to be on my list soon. The ads reporting the money you'll save over a lifetime with those eye surgeries seem disingenuous  I mean maybe, if you go every year to the eye doctor and buy designer frames. Regardless, unless something has changed the surgery doesn't always last a lifetime.
  • I have had a patch of dry skin behind my left ear all my life.
  • Sugarcult Bouncing Off The Walls

2 comments:

an Donalbane said...

Ruh-roh...

RPM said...

I had LASIK surgery 2 years ago and wish I had done it years ago. Not having to rely on glasses and being able to wear normal sunglasses is awesome. It will fade as your eyes age, but that's going to happen anyway. I used Dr. Tylock.