Thursday, April 25, 2013

Thursday's Thoughts



  • A weird dream the other night had me fighting like a gladiator in a Hunger Games type setting. We lived in hutches that were like chicken coops. The setting evolved into better digs that were like log cabins. It continued to evolve to the point everybody wore white and the surroundings were like 60s science fiction view of the future-  all white and stainless steel and glass and sterile and boring. It was much more fun when we were living like animals, stabbing each other with sticks, being chased by mutant animals and having sex in the mud.
  • I remember places called news stands where you could buy newspapers from anywhere and magazines for every subject you could imagine.
  • It was soooo windy today. How windy was it? It was too windy to fly a kite. I mean literally- we shredded 3 of them. For a long time I've been aware windy days put me in a bad mood. It has gotten worse over the past couple of years- to the point I can't mask it. I get snappy, sullen and don't care who is around to enjoy my self absorbed tirade.
  • Really, it is a privilege to see me pitch a hissy fit over nothing.
  • When a news story is about a complex subject and one expert believes something is caused by a certain activity and another one thinks the same thing is caused by something else and the third that trots out says, No- it is another thing altogether causing the process I am almost always sure it is a combination of the things they're ready to argue to the death over.
  • Panda Express is great.
  • A good way to tell if a woman is any fun is offer to teach her how to use chop sticks in a Chinese restaurant if she has never tried them. If she is too embarrassed to try- too worried about what others think, never see her again.
  • Another interpersonal pro tip: if you go to a trade show or convention or any setting that has free swag, snag some for people you work or otherwise spend time with. They will sense you were thinking of them and that is most often worth more than things you can buy.
  • Above I spelled restaurant correctly the first (or one of the few) time(s) in my life.
  • The worm may have turned for me.










    View from the creek of Enchanted Rock.








  • A true Texas original: Roky Erickson A Cold Night For Alligators. Read his bio and you'll understand why I refer to him as an original...

1 comment:

an Donalbane said...

+1 on Panda Express. Love their sesame glazed chicken.