Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday's Dispatch



  • This may not be an original thought, but I hope our government has the sense to move away from ginormagantuan super carriers and look at smaller heavily armed craft that can get around faster, be more responsive and whose loss won't be entirely devastating to a mission. Very real threats these days are countries we've previously not been very concerned about militarily utilizing drones and sophisticated anti ship missiles.
  • Or drones with anti ship missiles.
  • Chris Carter has a fear of bees so multiple episodes of The X Files featured bees. They don't scare me much, so those episodes tend to fall a little flat for me.
  • Richard Griffiths has died. I know most people associate him with Harry Potter but I thought he stole the show in Naked Gun. He never looked healthy though.
  • I have a vague recall of a UK sci fi series involving a guy learning to fly an alien space craft during WWII, travelling through time and space after defecting to the aliens and getting involved in a chase with RAF fighters over Scotland where he crash lands when he returns in the present day The couple of searches I tried were unproductive. Maybe I made all that up.
  • Unless they really need my extension I give patients our main number in case they need to followup. My phone can go for days without ringing and I have been there for most of 2 years.
  • Multiple patients have asked me out, offered their numbers or asked for mine etc. especially when they realize I'm curious about other cultures and languages. My nursing buddies are surprised when they find I always decline those offers and in one case did not followup with a hottie who wanted to see me after she formally stopped being a patient. I initially said yes telling her I would call and then simply never did. The other nurses knew she was very pretty, would ask for me when she came to the clinic and when she came into my office we would always talk and catch up and laugh. I thought it would be OK in my mind to see her after she was no longer a patient but there was still a hang up somewhere in my moral compass.
  • A mighty oak I am.
  • When I turn in my notice on my job I'm going to spend one entire day doing nothing but working on this blob.
  • Stick it to the man.
  • We had planned camping this weekend and it has been all my children have talked about for the past 2 weeks. I had forgotten it would be Easter. I don't know whether to go to my sisters for her big egg hunting deal or head out and go camping and make memories that way. The little ones are only little for so long.
  • I heard somebody call another person a douche nozzle the other day. I guess it caught me off guard- I nearly had a seizure from laughing.
  • When In Rome The Promise



    SF 2013 was a booby watchers dream I suppose. Here is a lady uncle Rico obviously got to with his Bust Plus Must supplement.

    Why yes they do have a giant sword embedded in stone there on the grounds- why do you ask?





    Tattoos were everywhere.

    This Marine had a cammie kilt

    See, I wasn't kidding.

    This girl and a pyrate sat with us while we had lunch. I thought she looked smart, thoughtful, kind and pretty.



1 comment:

an Donalbane said...

Pic #4 looks like she ran into Hans und Franz, and maybe Chris Rock, who...pumped her up!

Pic #7 gives me an idea for that old galvanized minnow bucket in the shed...