Friday, April 19, 2013

Friday's Dispatch



  • It is Good Friday and I'm watching Tora Tora Tora- what a good war movie. It reminds me of the Americans contemporary to the time who referred to the Japanese attack as dastardly and cowardly etc. More correct adjectives would have been brilliant and audacious.
  • When I was little boy I saw an ad in an aviation magazine listing for sale some of the AT 6 Texans that had been vis modded to look like Zeros for the film. I begged my dad to buy one promising him I would pay him back when I grew up.
  • Vis  modded- visually modified.
  • Friend-girl's cat just got tangled up in a Wal Mart bag. I waved her off from helping him so he could figure it out himself. When it looked like he wouldn't be able to do it I said, Here, I'll help him. I then bent down, turned my rear end to him and made a fart sound with my mouth about the time she was taking a sip of her coffee. She sprayed coffee everywhere inhaling some and started choking and laughing. Before the scene was over with she had her head in the sink laughing and trying to catch her breath.
  • You. Are. Ridiculous! Her estimation of me.
  • The Catholic church spends 150 billion dollars a year in this country alone, mostly on their hospitals and 1 in 6 admissions are to a Catholic owned hospital. The people waving signs around, screaming about getting religion out of their health care or whatever don't know what they're talking about. We would all be in trouble if they got their wish.
  • Tora Tora Tora is very good- very accurate historically but it is a little ponderous.
  • One of my friends when I was a kid only had one finger on his left hand, one big, short finger right where the 2 middle fingers should have been and another friend was born without thumbs.
  • An old friend was notified by his trucking company he needed a drug test. He dropped by a clinic another friend nursed at to do the test. She called him to come back after he left telling him the test was positive for I think cocaine. Knowing that was impossible he went right back and did another and passed. He had literally never even tried pot- he didn't even drink. What if she hadn't known him? That was the only reason she called, otherwise she wasn't even supposed to tell him one way or the other- she was just supposed to report the results to the company. He could have been ruined.
  • I read an article this morning about an Air Force officer being relieved of command for failing to meet physical requirements by having a waist measurement 2 inches larger than allowed, or in other words- an amount he could shake off by running 2 extra miles and forgoing sugar for a week. I'm sorry, I don't care what anybody thinks or says, there is a rat in that woodpile somewhere.
  • Green Jello Little Pig, Little Pig.

No comments: