Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Kristofferson Contemplations


  • Kris Kristofferson one of the few mutli talent entertainers I simply cannot stand anything he does- can't stand even to look at him- couldn't even before the weird plastic surgery.


  • The very sound of his voice grates on my last nerve.


  • This surprises me in a way because he ought to be such an intriguing person to me: Born in Brownsville TX he attended Pompano College where he played rugby and was on the cover of Sports Illustrated. Became a Rhodes Scholar and receive a Bphil in English Lit. from Merton at Oxford. He achieved the rank of captain in the US Army as a helicopter pilot. He pitched the song Sunday Morning Coming Down to Johnny Cash after landing unsolicited in his yard in a helicopter. Wrote Me And Bobby Mcgee.


  • But, I can't stand him or anything he's done.


  • Why am I talking about him then?


  • I don't know.

2 comments:

RPM said...

I am the same way. He's a talented guy and I like some songs he's written. But I can not stand to listen to him sing or watch him act.

The only thing he's done that I don't absolutely hate him was his performance in Lone Star (1996) as the crooked, racist, cold blooded murderer Sheriff Wade. He was perfect for the part.

an Donalbane said...

Vell, it zeems zat you are both zuffering from ze Kristofobia Disorder - a very rare zyndrome zat I documented in zome book a long time ago.

- DF Zigmund Frood Dude

OK, I'm gonna break ranks with you guys here - I sorta like KK, though I only have one (maybe his first) of his LPs (but I really dig it).

Nonetheless, I understand the notion of having an adverse reaction to someone/something who/that many people really like. For me it's Jim Carrey - can't stand to look at or listen to the guy - and it's totally unrelated to his recent idiocy on Twitter.