Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Just A Tuesday





  • I know I've played this song eleventy billion times, but man- it's greatness, is great. Chevelle Send The Pain Below. They're one of the only real rock bands in the world.
  • I watched the U2 performance where the blind guy came up out of the audience and played guitar on All I Want Is You. There must have been something in the air when it played- sniff sniff. 
  • I'd put a link up to the song, but U2 is too terrible for that.
  • One morning we were to do a raid a village and jack some bad guys out of their homes who were recent parolees from Abu Graib. We intended to use a gate we'd used a hundred times before at all hours of the night and this one time it was locked. I wanted to shoot the lock off, but one of the Marines with us had bolt cutters- drats. I mean really, I had literally wanted to do that all my life. When I just knew I was going to finally get to do it, it was hard to keep from wetting my pants. It made me want to pee.
  • My daughter is nine and can sing like an angel and make up songs like you would not believe.
  • It's rained at most of the funerals I've been to in my life. One time I just knew it wasn't going to until a freak cloud stalled over us and it poured for a few minutes then stopped and the sun just beat down on us. I looked around at the miserable mourners- long divorced people holding each other sobbing, one woman, she was just not that emotional of a girl- ever, falling to the ground, her body convulsing in tears, an ex wife of the decedent fainting in her seat and the 2 toughest guys I know bawling their eyes out.
  • I would just as soon never go back to that tiny Texas cemetery.
    That weird looking old Toyota in much better focus.


    The Sharkarosa tram was purpose built to look like an old steam engine. Here is the fake coal.

    Hey buddy, my eyes are up here.

    Pekin duck getting picked on by about a 100 coots and various other type of ducks.


    See no evil. Hear no evil.

    For days I would feel something sticking the bottom of my foot causing me take my  boot off, insole out and socks off trying to find the sticker I was sure was inside my boot.


    This card was found on the sidewalk near my office.

No comments: