Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Wednesday's Digressions













  • Man, what a good song- Letters To Cleo Here And Now The EDGE has been playing some good music this morning.




  • Had to leave the breakfast place this morning without eating. Some dude was screaming and cursing his children. He needs to forgive the ex for whatever he thinks she did to him and get back on whatever product he's trying to quit- then everything will be OK.




  • I'm kidding- he's going to kill every one of them in their sleep and then go their moms place of work and blow her away.




  • A woman who has no fashion sense doesn't have to worry about spending too much time with me. It doesn't matter what her main style is as long as she can pull it off, but no open toe shoes with hose, no sandals with socks, outdated hairstyles, sweats outside the house or tube tops etc.




  • We're going fishing this afternoon. We haven't cooked any of the fish we've caught yet, but that's on my list.




  • I need to find another dry cleaner, the one I used for years closed. The one I used prior ruined a brand new shirt I took to them. It was literally new- as in I'd never even worn it and had only tried it on after opening the package. I only took it to them since it was a wrinkled mess from being folded up in the package. When I picked it up it was stained, torn and had a button missing. There was a note attached that said they received it that way.




  • Really.

2 comments:

an Donalbane said...

I switched dry cleaners about 6 months ago, and the new one has cracked/shattered about three buttons so far...

an Donalbane said...

Dry cleaning note #2 - Daughter and I went into Nordstrom's sometime over the summer, just wasting time at the mall waiting for our movie time at a nearby theatre.

In the men's casual fashions, they had a shirt on a mannequin (Digression: What's a highway mannequin? I heard Johnny Cash sing that he'd like to become one.) that was ausgezeichnet (I was gonna say fabulous, but, uh, that sounds really gay...). The shirt was, gulp!, $235.

One shirt.

Now, I'm no slave to fashion - anyone can tell you - but that was probably the coolest looking shirt I've ever seen.

The lack of funding, practicality, and the thought of a situation like yours banished any notion of my purchasing it.