Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sunday's Summary






    I'm thankful I live in a country where goobs could still do this if they wanted, but nearly all of us choose not to and likewise, nearly all of us would believe it wrong (and oddly comical).









  • Recently I heard Michele Bachmann after mispronouncing Iranian President Ahmedenijad's name make - an I promise you, patently false claim that he had said to the effect, he'd destroy Israel if he had The Bomb. He may very well want that- but he's never said it. He may be crazy as an outhouse rat, but he's not that dumb.


  • Another crazy thing I heard in the 5 minutes of sound bites I listened to: Perry or Romney one saying he'd draw down forces in Afghanistan to 10 or 15 thousand. That is crazy. We either need to get completely out of there or double our commitment. A severe draw down would inevitably result in a much higher rate of casualties.


  • Those people are about the electable best the GOP can do?


  • Someone invited me to do something with them for Thanksgiving out of sympathy. That really bothered me.


  • A friend in the most genuine (if pathetic) invitation I've ever had, invited me to have lunch with her at the restaurant she works at.


  • I'm allergic to cats., but cool ones are among my favorite animals


  • "Kickin' it with the bb gun shootin' rednecks!" The last text message I received.


  • Don't ask me- I didn't ask him.


  • I just can't look it's killing me- a cover of The Killers Mr. Brighstside on violin and piano.

6 comments:

an Donalbane said...

Those Klansmen were either confused or the negative got reversed - the Naza swastika, if that's what they were aiming for, runs in the other orientation.

Opus #6 said...

So did you go to lunch?

el chupacabra said...

Don- I wondered about that also. There wasn't any description other than maybe the location and year? I forgot to make note of it though. I believe it would have come from Shorpies.

Lady O- Yes nice lunch with friend. It was simple and nice. Zac and his sister and I went out for dinner the next evening, again simple and nice.

el chupacabra said...

Ha, I got the point. Here's my correction- shorpy.com

el chupacabra said...

PS My curiosity got the better of me and I looked into that symbol. We know it's ancient- in it's reverse form. The same reverse form was in OUR history specifically associated with good luck in aviation. The Spirit Of ST Louis' nosecone had one handwritten directly on it's inside center.

an Donalbane said...

I was aware of the Sanskrit ancestor - not aware of the Lindbergh connection. I do vaguely recall hearing that he was anti-Semitic or at least sympathetic to anti-Semites.