Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday's Dispatch










    My eldest landing after skydiving. Yes, I raised a human being who jumps out of perfectly good airplanes.









  • The All Terrain Caucasian reminded me recently of something I've always believed- how very important it is to learn how to read well and enjoy it.






  • Stupid Girl






  • Zac's bike got too little for him very rapidly.






  • I already know that as he gets a little older I'll most likely become a foster parent again, even if I have to do it alone.






  • That, or find a younger, fertile hottie to make more babies with.






  • Unlikely.






  • Abraham Lincoln as the the true Father Of Our Country is probably my favorite President. Really- were it not for him our country could just as likely still be a crazy North/South divided series of nations.






  • And I mean that literally the way I wrote it: not just North and South, but maybe several different nations separated/divided by the Mason Dixon line.






  • Roosevelt's son, Teddy Jr. is definitely one of my favorite historical characters. He was the only General officer to land on D-Day. Much is sometimes made of the fact he had arthritis and the same is often written to be related to earlier injuries in WWI. This is well and good, but the truth I think here is more powerful. The debilitating nature of his arthritis and the fact he died at a relatively young age of a heart attack shortly after the invasion tell me he must have had very severe rheumatoid arthritis, from a very early age (maybe since birth) and every single step he took in WWII must have been pure agony.




  • "Do you want power over something? Be more nearly real than it." Charles Hoy Fort

2 comments:

Opus #6 said...

I'll start sending young hottie vibes your way. That sounds fun. Have you taken any steps to meet a young lady?

el chupacabra said...

Lady O- Ha. To quote the great Joe Dirt, "Alls I got to do is keep bein' a good person. No matter what, good things'll come my way. Everything's gonna happen for me, just so long as I never have no in my heart."