Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wednesday's Digressions







    From Awkward Family Photos- yeah, not that you wouldn't have guessed...







  • When I meet someone from Iraq in my clinic I very rarely mention to them I've been there- the world is just too small... However, I broke that rule today and mentioned to someone a village I used to patrol when I realised he had lived near there. His father was the mayor of that town.









  • Do women like it when you notice they've lost weight or not?









  • It seems to me a high compliment when friends want to fix you up with someone they know.









  • I've gained a little weight- some of my pants no longer fit even- however, I don't look all that bad. Oddly, the thing that really bothers me is my ear lobes have gotten fat.









  • It's weirding me out.









  • In another life I had a pretty nice house. It really meant a lot to me the first time I had my whole extended family there for a big Christmas. Me being me instead of the usual Christmas standards I grilled steaks and chicken fajitas. The kids rode a four wheeler around the house. I had Christmas music playing and It's A Wonderful Life on the tv with the volume down and a fire in the fireplace. I hope they haven't forgotten that day.









  • I know I never will.









  • One of these days the sky is gonna break and everything is going to escape and I'll know.

No comments: