Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thursday Night Thoughts






  • Two days ago an old friend crossed my mind and I laughed when I remembered the song I'd tease him about it being his theme song- it even mentioned his actual name. I turned the radio on and there it was. I hadn't heard it in years.

  • When his parents identified his body it was so decomposed his dad only recognized him by his tattoos.

  • A girl I know says she loves to hear me laugh.

  • It's hard to find (they clamp down hard on youtube clips even), but if you ever get the chance watch the 1987 war movie The Beast. It's about a Soviet tank crew that gets lost in Afghanistan. I'm not an expert at breaking down symbolism, but the Beast seems to be at turns the brutal tank commander, the enemy, the tank, the terrain and yes, something that lives inside us all. It is a great movie. It's also interesting, because it started as a small stage play in the US.

  • Tomorrow is 11-11-11. If I had a movie to release that would be the day. If I owned a business my specials would be on that day and they'd run from 11 to 11.

  • Night- night.

  • Just Like Heaven

2 comments:

Kathleen... said...

Gosh....you are so skilled in writing something interestingly random....followed by something searingly tragic. Wow.

I'm sorry about your friend...and for his parents...

RPM said...

I saw The Beast many years ago and you're right. It's a great movie.