Monday, November 14, 2011

Monday's Missives












  • I don't want to sound too curmudgeon-ie, but if I have to be told something is art- it's not. While not a completely original thought to me- it sums my outlook up pretty well.







  • We're about to go to Ci Ci's.







  • Oddly, I use contractions more in my writing than my daily speech.







  • I make it a point to learn something from and about each of my patients on each of their visits.







  • Jedi mind trick: when I see people in the waiting room I recognize, but may not remember their name I slip over to the sign in log, get their name and walk through the room and stop and say,"Hey, ______, how are you? etc. I do this especially with patients I suspect may become non compliant, who seem agitated about the wait or whom I have genuinely hit it off with in the past, but haven't seen in a while.







  • One of Zac's nicknames means something very derogatory in another English speaking country. I'm not even sure how it evolved with us and I'm equally sure I've never heard the term before.







  • If I were to be diagnosed with a serious disease and the treatment was especially difficult or the odds of survival long- I'd bow out and die gracefully.







  • How did we get here, when I used to know you so well?

2 comments:

an Donalbane said...

Jedi master - For many years, the Executive VP of the bank where I worked would occasionally have a customer stroll into his office, making small talk and the like, until such point as it would've (contraction) been embarrassing for him to ask their name.

In such instances, he would politely excuse himself and summon me - whereupon I would provide cover by stepping into his office: "I'm sorry, Mr. Sharp had to take a phone call. If you'll give me your name, I'll pull your file for him for when he returns. He should be with you in a few minutes."

It wasn't that he had failing memory - just that as the past school board president, Lions Club President, church deacon, and all around good guy, more people knew him than Carter's had little pills.

Yeah, it was about the teamwork.

an Donalbane said...

Since I'm pre-MTV, I never knew the title to that Talking Heads song.