Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thursday's Thoughts














  • I like lots of different kinds of music- good music is good music. I hardly ever listen to country, but here is some good country. Keith Whitley No Stranger To The Rain




  • Lately, I've been listening to more country.




  • It's been a lot of years since he drank himself to death.




  • My sister plays the bull fiddle.




  • I just got off the phone with somebody who was helping a mutual friend who is dying of cancer out of the shower.




  • Cancer is the devil.




  • Bumped into an old friend from my public health days yesterday. He's doing great and still looks the same, after nearly ten years. We could not be more alike or more different. I bet he feels the same.




  • If I don't see Africa before I die- my life will have been nearly wasted.

2 comments:

Kathleen... said...

What a way to start a chilly Thursday -- an Africa left turn?! =) Interesting!

el chupacabra said...

Kathleen- Hey girl. That thought popped into my mind since I mentioned my friend from public health. All those years ago we'd talk about wanting to see Africa. Again- it was interesting how different we were, but we each had our assumption a trip there (or even living there) was in the cards for us.