Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sunday's Summary











  • Our salvation (for lack of a better term) will not be in so called alternative energy- it will be in a wider use of nuclear energy, cellulosic bio fuels (use of stalks- not food part of plants), higher efficiency cars and convenient/efficient mass transit.





  • If you heard that here first I'm sorry - it's the truth.





  • When you start trying to change human nature- you're likely to fail- regardless of the endeavor, but we ought to also be a lot smarter about our use of every resource.





  • We're off in search of nutrients.





  • Translation: Zac needs pancakes and I need coffee.





  • We'll then trek off to Sunday school and worship, then go fishing.





  • I predict a good day.





  • Never tear us apart

2 comments:

an Donalbane said...

In the lobby after church, I spotted a guy wearing a button-down shirt with Comanche Peak, and the domes, embroidered on it, and asked him how close they were to getting approval for the two new reactors.

He told me they already got the approval certificate in 2010, but haven't begun construction, and declined to speculate on it.

I told him I'd heard separately that some Fed dollars got pulled and that Luminant was going to go it alone, to which he responded that Luminant is already partnered with Mitsu on the deal.

Didn't ask him his role, but he looked like an executive - my take is that they're waiting for a more nuke-friendly administration in the WH, to possibly restore some Fed funding of the project. He indicated the certificate has a 20-year shelf life to begin the project.

el chupacabra said...

Don- If you need a look at how much the lack of ability to think critically has cost us in our society- look no further than the nuke power issue.

They've been talking about those new reactors for how many years? My eldest was a Cub Scout when I talked to an engineer for whom the details were old news.

Oh well- we're doomed anyway.