Monday, April 13, 2009

Mondays Missives




  • It seems the more benign the commenter or blog writer the more vicious the comments will be directed at them.


  • Yay I got my office back!


  • Well, sort of the baby as been sick so when I get up with him that's where we go and that's the only place the big kids can watch movies and use the internet.


  • Crap, it's worse than before.


  • I wish I had an office.


  • My oldest borrowed my laptop last night and this morning there was still a usb cable hanging off it- he must have pulled some of my music for his mp3 player.


  • That's cool.


  • Showed some of my pictures from The War to someone the other day: simply horrific I can say now but, I wonder most what it made her think about me personally.


  • I'm pretty sure nothing can change a person like war or prison but, I believe the consensus is the change can be positive or negative and that depends on the individual.


  • Laws and policies based on fear and misunderstanding really bother me and one example that comes to mind is the use of anabolic steroids. The words alone conjure images of roid rage, exploding hearts and damaged livers. The truth is millions of people in the US alone have used them without becoming violent. It is unclear how associative heart damage is to steroid use, there are ways to overcome the potential anyway and liver damage in users is always associated with oral use of extremely high doses. Also, most evidence against there use is anecdotal- no scientific studies (especially when first criminalised in the early nineties). During that time even the DEA and FDA were reluctant to pile on and testified against there criminalization.


  • My thinking was first challenged on that subject by guys I knew who were using them when I was working out- smart people who never murdered anybody, their hearts never exploded and heir livers never fell out in the shower. Also, there are two doctors local to me who I know will tell you off the record how to use them if you know them and ask.


  • Another bothersome aspect to this subject: when I worked out I got big quick- 18.5 inch biceps and as I recall 44 inch chest (Arnolds biceps were 22 inches for comparison) people would pull me aside and be really concerned I was using steriods and would hurt myself. Good grief.

7 comments:

YM said...

re the photo: that can't be comfortable!

el chupacabra said...

My Queen- Congrats on new nipper to the royal family. Do you like my self portrait? :)

MarmiteToasty said...

He has very small nuts in comparison to the rest of his bulges :)

x

el chupacabra said...

Marmsie- Leave it to you, you make me laugh.

Kristen Painter said...

That pic reminds me of my ex-husband.

MarmiteToasty said...

Kristen, do you mean that your X hubby had a small lunchbox? lol

x

el chupacabra said...

Kristen- a lucky guy- to have been married to you that is.