Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wednesdays Digressions

See, clean, plentiful water IS sexy and way more interesting than hi speed rail, space travel and other daydreamy stuff!





  • Bea Arthur has died at 86 and Farrah Fawcett's publicist has been denying for weeks she is at deaths door.
  • Even the legends don't live forever.
  • Where were you when Dana Plato died?
  • I was in my little house in the country. The glass fell from my hand. I began to weep.
  • Well the first sentence is true.
  • Foi Gras has been banned in California in legislation that takes effect 2012. I don't know which is more ridiculous- eating or banning the stuff. Yes, I know what it is and how it's made.
  • Another thing that gets me: animals are still being killed and in some cases pushed to extinction for their body parts magical or supposed medicinal value- absolutely ridiculous. Good grief- it's 2009 AD not BC.
  • Susan Boyles has shaved her mustache.
  • My children were on their grandparents ranch for the weekend. Good for us all I know but, I missed them.
  • They were riding horses about as soon as they walked.
  • Ask them what they did this weekend and they will say,"Worked cattle with my grandad."
  • You'll picture them sitting on a fence rail or in a pickup for a little while watching cows walk by as they're processed.
  • They de-horn and castrate bulls, give vaccinations and brand all the animals.
  • My teenage son came in covered in blood, mud, doo-doo and animal hair. He saved a horn to mount on a knife blade.
  • He stunk to high heaven.
  • So proud.
  • The show Bones is always good and they often knock an episode out of the park.
  • The show Fringe is usually OK but, they can also kill- occasionally.
  • The shows Arrested Development and The Office? Just always very good- every episode, never tumultuous though.
  • We are going the other way in proposed infrastructure development. As I've said in the past- bridges are falling into rivers with people on them, entire regions were without water because of a drought recently, our electrical grid can't compete with anything more than a perfect spring day without threatening to collapse but, we're talking about going to the moon and Mars?
  • Crazy
  • Insane
  • Irresponsible
  • Now the President is going to push for a fast tracked multi gazillion, patrillion, quadrillion dollar high speed coast to coast rail system? The same system that I can assure you will be a government subsidized nightmare from groundbreaking- 'til death do us part.
  • Let's make sure we have drinking water first. Gigantic reservoirs of the stuff that break multiple records in multiple categories of The Guinness Book, that can be seen from space, that our children and grandchildren will play in, bathe with, drink and sell to countries that didn't have the foresight to take care of something so basic and get fantastically rich. Is that too much to ask? Or just not sexy enough?

7 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

Oh my, where to start without waffling on.. sigh..

x

el chupacabra said...

Marmi- you made me laugh. thanks

LandShark 5150 said...

To walk in the door after a day of mugging, covered with dirt, cow crap and cophenhagen -- the same are rolling as taste in your mouth. I think me kinda miss those days. Eating fresh calf/fries from the branding fire. UMMM MMH!
I am happy that your kiddos are going to have this experience. The bullet-train thingy, did'nt the Feds. try the slow speed version --AMTRAC? Are we not still trowing money into to this abyss?

el chupacabra said...

Shark- Yeah, I couldn't be prouder of them or happier for them. As for me my back and knees just hurt when I get roped into any of the madness.
You'd think Amtrac would have given them pause or at least heard something of it as a counter point. This administration hasn't seemed to need to worry about mundane things like history, budgets etc.

MarmiteToasty said...

Still to much to say, without me waffling on one of me long boring posts...sigh..

x

el chupacabra said...

Marmi- you may be a lot of things- boring doesn't come to mind!

MarmiteToasty said...

I was offered a Goose today.... honestly.... but gooses do squishy yuckie poos... I would of loved a goose, I would of called it 'gander' after the childrens song... goosie goosie gander... I would not of made Foi Gras, I would of just loved him as a goose..

Your children are blessed to have the opportunity to have such a life.... as are their grandparents and yourself to have them in that life...

I would of LOVED to of lived and worked on a farm...except I would of found it difficult not to name the animals, so making it hard to send them to market etc..

My father killed and cooked my pet rabbit when I was a child, cos I forgot to clean it out one weekend... he then served it as our sunday roast and just sat across the table from me, daring me with his eyes to open my mouth.... I would not give him the satisfaction..... I have not eaten rabbit since..

Moon and space exploration is bang out of order when so many people here on earth lack the very basics for living......it is a crying shame..

*Waffle mode off* :)

ok ok, I tried to keep it short lmfao

x