Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wednesdays Digressions







  • An acquaintance told me once told me he and his dad would use propane in their car air conditioners after freon became unavailable. He explained very well and rationally how the compressor works and why the propane was a good substitute for the freon. All I could think of while he was speaking was, "The next time I hear from you it will be on the pages of The Darwin Awards.




  • My spell checker is acting weird again, on difficult words it hi lights them and offers alternatives although the word will be spelled correctly.




  • Zman so studiously flips through pages of books and magazines and so thoroughly enjoys disassembling movie and cd cases while scattering there contents from one end of the house to the other- I love seeing those things.



  • The Finnish school shooting several months ago brought out a couple of interesting facts: Yemen is the second ranked nation for private citzen gun ownership Finland third and Finland has the highest murder rate of any European nation but, not normally by firearms- knives and other weapons.



  • After the tax hike during the Clinton administration took effect I was working a job that required working 8 overtime hours on Saturdays. After taxes I made 12 dollars for that day. That is insane.



2 comments:

Denney Crane said...

Mrs. Crane swears I will be the greatest Darwin award recipient of all time.

el chupacabra said...

Ah, I have faith in you but, then again, when it does happen your sense of style may demand something spectacular!