Monday, April 20, 2009

Mondays Missives








  • A little over half of the US total population supposedly voted in the 2008 election. You would have a tough time convincing me that really happened.
  • Looked at a blog earlier that mentioned the mobile Vietnam memorial and showed a picture of the writers uncles name. I looked it up on the website- it was strange to think about her little daughter who was named after him, the fact he was from only about 30 miles from where I grew up and then read the cold, nearly clinical assessment of his death: Death by hostile action. multiple fragmentation wounds. body recovered.
  • The first time I saw a case of body bags it stopped me in my tracks: Pouch, Human Remains 10 ea.
  • I don't like being too comfortable for too long and if the weather is extreme outside I feel the need to get out and be active in it if I feel like I've been too sheltered indoors or something.
  • I read a Guinness Book of records last night for the first time in forever.
  • That gives me an an idea!...
  • An honest question: although I understand Hitler was responsible for the deaths of up to 50 million people because of WWII he is mostly reviled for for the Holocaust which killed at least 6 million people. His name personifies evil like no other. Stalin was responsible for the deaths of at least 20 million of his own people following the war. People in Russia still revere him and others don't seem to realise how evil he was in comparison. Why? Was it the perceived worth of the groups of people involved? Perceived intent? He never had a war crimes trial or died during the atrocities?
  • Tina Fey- one of the hottest non hot women in show business.
  • Saw a group of buzzards dining on an armadillo on the side of the road yesterday morning. It was lying on its back all four feet straight up in the air like a dead cartoon animal and the buzzards were taking turns sticking their heads into its shell to get a bite of guts.
  • Breakfast on the half-shell.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the breakfast on a 1/2 shell thing. Every time I see a dead animal with the legs straight up, I laugh. Sounds cruel, but it does look like a cartoon!!!

MarmiteToasty said...

Hey Stonehenge is only about 50 minutes away from me and thats a remarkable likeness lol

Seen loads of road kill dead animals in me time..

http://marmitetoasty.blogspot.com/2007/05/it-all-started-with-dead-badger-gross.html

And only last week one of my beloved cats got run over by a car and crushed its pelvis and its back legs and I had to sit with it whilst the vet put him to sleep and then bring him home dead to bury...

Never seen a dead human not proper close up only on the telly...

*Waving at Bina* :)

x

el chupacabra said...

Bina has it all doesnt she? Pretty, funny AND a master gardener!

Marmi- Road kill domestic or wild is sad and seems such a waste- for everybody except buzzards and crows! Very sorry about your cat. As for dead humans I am always a little surprised when someone can say that but, then again I've been a soldier and a hospice nurse so it's an occupational hazard I guess.

April 20, 2009 11:55

el chupacabra said...

PS checked out your roadkill pics- grody commody.