Monday, April 6, 2009

Mondays Missives




  • I was in my twenties before I ate KFC, watched The Wizard Of Oz or fell in love.


  • There are very few foods I cannot stand but, celery is way up toward the top of the list.


  • There was a girl who was hired as a temp. where I worked who lived in a government apartment in the ghetto. She was nice, honest and a hard worker but, limited I thought in her world view in that everything she knew about society seemed to come from television and her mother and grandmother who had lived in the same apartments their entire lives. I remember giving her a ride home so she would not have to ride the bus or worse- walk home. The instruction she gave as I left her have always stuck with me: "Don't stop for anything on your way out, not even stop signs and don't look at anybody and somebody tries to make you stop- they ain't up to no good- run over them."


  • I could not believe how much she had to pay for the dump she was in after she got a job. I found her a house in a suburban town where she paid cheaper rent and her kids got to go to a decent school.


  • Getting the motorcycle fever again- this can't lead to anything good.


  • While the world is big enough for all of us and I like all kinds of bikes and respect the effort that goes into the different types of customs- you don't want to get me started on the Harley V Metric debate.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't stop laughing at the f'n picture! I have to steal that one, I'm a sick puppy I know but Dang thats a picture worth a brazillion
words. LandShark 5150

el chupacabra said...

I was pretty much the same way man, I sat on it for a long time to see if I could come up with a topical use but, realised some things are golden in their own right!

Anonymous said...

OK, I'll open the bidding with a Suzuki V-Strom 1000...

el chupacabra said...

I meant to say - I'll second that and counter with a Kawa ZR1200 probably the best value in a reliable powerhouse. A VMAX will do nicely when my rich uncle leaves me his millions

Terri Tiffany said...

Thanks for visiting my blog today. As you can see, I read way back in your posts trying to figure out your style of writing and who you are:) VEry different way of posting and it is great! But still can't figure you out:)