Thursday, April 9, 2009

Fridays Dispatch - The Early Edition

If you have half a heart you'll save me from this tiny terror. Look at me- the indignity. Oh, the doganity!
(my translation) I lived in Labrador for a few years therefore, I'm quite fluent.

  • Me and the baby slept out under the stars last night. It was nice until the wind kicked up to about 40 mph. He kicked me for the 50th time. The security light kicked on about 80 times. And the coyotes kicked in howling for about the 13th time.

  • I'm beat. I drug both of us in about 4 or 5 AM. He didn't want to come.

  • Mowed part of the yard yesterday. Felt very satisfying.

  • Talk to me about it about mid July.

  • Will have pics up soon but, caught a corn snake near the trash can. Very pretty- she just shed.

  • How do I know it was a girl? Something in the way she looked at me I guess.

  • Turned it loose at the back where I let it get scruffy just for our friends of the woodland realm.

  • Showed it to my daughter she said,"Eeew I hate spiders."

  • Huh?
  • There has recently been a guy killed by a train in Decatur. I hadn't spoke to him in a long time but, we go way back (went?). Every Saturday we played basketball at the old gym on Cliff? Street and every Sunday we played football on the DISD field. Flag or touch? Um, no- tackle. Injuries you ask? Let me see, a broken ankle, nose, collarbone and finger are all I remember guys receiving. Lacerations and scrapes never slowed us- we thought you wore shirts to have something to wipe the blood away from your face. I also remember there was a guy who had played some college ball and was then an assistant coach of some type. It sounds cool and it was to have him on your team but, he got carried away and tried to push us around and run the show- kind of taking the joy out of our simple pastime.
  • Jimmy Johnson knocked that guy smooth out one afternoon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute!! Hope the little one had a good time!!

el chupacabra said...

Yeah, must say he was more into than I in the end.

The Accomplice said...

Sorry about your friend. I didn't like the I played chicken with the train comment on another blog. Still sad.

el chupacabra said...

Thanks a bunch ms accomplice. He was always a lost, tormented sould I thought and I'm afraid I may spend a lot of time wondering what might have happened if I'd reached out. Some things the mean folks won't know about that guy: he could be very generous, funny and pretty smart and it's a shame the potential that must have died long before that train sent his body flying into the midnight air.

an Donalbane said...

I wish you closure on your friend's passing. I have some 'what ifs' that I'm trying to leave behind also. There are definitely things that happen we have no way of comprehending in this lifetime.

Regarding the outdoor experience: My daughter loves sleeping outdoors. I keep an inflated queen-size air mattress & sleeping bag ready - when there's a nice breeze through the leaves and the windchimes, we put it on the deck and count the stars until we fall asleep.

Cherish life's little moments.

el chupacabra said...

Donald thanks for the condolences and most definitely for those last thoughts- you're right, absolutely right.