- A fun video for a great song by the inimitable Depeche Mode It's No Good.
- "2009: Vladimir Likhonos, a Ukrainian student, died after accidentally dipping a homemade chewing gum into explosives he was using on another project. He mistook the jar of explosive for citric acid, which was also on his desk. The gum exploded, blowing off his jaw and most of the lower part of his face." From Wikipedia entry titled Unusual deaths.
- First thought- unusual- ya think? Then, a student? A student of what?
Voted best book cover in the history of ever- by me.
- Normally I am one who buys a huge bill of groceries prior to an impending storm, not because I anticipate actually being trapped in the house for any length of time- it just makes sense. You need stuff anyway and you're going to need to eat during the icy apocalypse just as much as any other day so we might as well. Consequently we're off to gear up for Iceageddon 2013 as it enters it's 24th hour.
- The Walmarts was literally wiped out of many items this evening- it looked like it had just suffered a post zombie apocalypse looting.
- Congress, after solving all the other problems of the United States had a hearing today on the search for extraterrestrial life.
- Earlier I saw an article about an actress whose home was burglarized and the resulting recovery of her things. I'm ecstatic! she proclaimed. They're bringing my stuff back now. When does that ever happen? she asked. Uh, when you're rich, hot, white, an actress and the burglary of your house is national news?
- Once as I tried to get a girl I was spending some time with more interested in me she shocked me by saying to the effect, Kev, I like you but you are not my type for a relationship. I like really big guys- fat guys. Really big and fat guys are the only ones who turn me on. My last boyfriend was 300 pounds and part of the reason we broke up was he started losing weight. With my head spinning and still partly waiting for her to say, Kevin- wake up you goober. I am kidding. I am totally into you! I dug a little deeper and found from when she got married at 19 to a dude that couldn't hardly tie his own shoes to her present 30 year old just nearly hot self she dug fatties. Weird, I thought since I was all built up and looking pretty good it would give me an edge on being with her- nope. I needed to gain 300 pounds and have heart failure.