Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wednesday's Bonus Digressions With Yesterday's Weather And Traffic Report



  • Drove about 40 miles to relatives to prepare for great grandmothers funeral- in a hailstorm.

  • Honestly

  • Caught maybe a 5 minute break at one point.

  • Then sat in the car for 10-15 minutes to keep from getting killed.

  • Oh, we passed the Weatherford TX car chase, my first thought when I saw it coming a mile away was a police officers funeral.

  • The dude passed right by us, he was cool looking as a cucumber.

  • Tires shredded, smoking- one of the rear ones was layed over nearly flat.

  • There were 8 units behind him from 3 different agencies.

  • There was one coming up to him with the officer riding shotgun climbing over into the back seat as they passed and closed with the guy.

  • Presumably with a shotgun.

  • My thought as they went by?

  • If I was in my one ton truck and by myself- I'd stop that dude.

  • He went a couple of more miles then put 3 people in the hospital.

6 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

Must of been huge bits of hail, I bet the sound of the hail hitting the car roof must of been deafening... like being inside my sons drumkit LOL

Wow a real live police chase, I have seen that programme on the telly about doodle bobbies.... what I dont get or understand, is, why do so many police cars have to chase one car, I saw once about 15 squad cars following this one car.... why? what can the bobby in Car Number 15 do? of what use is he? or Car Number 6, 7 or 8 for that matter..... we find it very comical over here when that happens.... on saying that, how scary to be a policeman in america, not knowing if someone will pull out a gun just for having a brake light out..... very brave they are, or very daft, or maybe just on a control high :)

I could imagine you in a big lorry with super hero cape flying off ya shoulders, smashing into the criminal before he hurt others.....

x

word verification - ememi

LOL I read it as enima *shaking me head*

Anonymous said...

That made me laugh. Can you just imagine the North Texas Ford Dealers group advertising the new Ford F-350 Super Lorry.

As a junior-high student in Vienna, I went to school with a chap named Ian. Learned a lot of Britishisms from him.

I still think it's funny when a British woman, turning in at the end of the day at the hotel or B&B, requests: "Knock me up at 6:00 a.m."

Well, uh, sure, if you insist.

MarmiteToasty said...

Me milkman knocks me up every Wednesday morning :)

x

el chupacabra said...

ano @ 751 i'd never heard that one before (knock up) and yes i'm sure that would be quite the endorsement. i wonder how impressed the police would be though?

an Donalbane said...

To clarify, the intent of the request was a wake up call, or knock on the door. But our usage of the term is considerably different.

MarmiteToasty said...

LOL@to clarify....

x