Thursday, May 14, 2009

Jackie Murphree Is Home



from China and the following is an update to her myspace page by her mom Kurrie. If you are not familiar with the story Jackie was a college student who was struck be a drunk driver near Decatur TX. Recently she went to China for stem cell treatment to repair some of the damage.






"Wednesday 05/13/09 9:56pm WE ARE HOME!!!! I did not update yesterday because I decided on a whim to fly to California and meet Jax and Patrick at the gate so I could help Patrick with that last flight. I did not let Patrick know I was coming so he was surprised that I asked him which gate he was at when he called me to let me know they had made it through customs. The flights both went as well as they did on the way there. She did not sleep on the 12 hr flight so by the time I saw her she was pretty tired. But when I walked up and said Hi to Jackie she let out a holler and was visibly excited and then she smiled with very twinkling eyes. There was no doubt she knew who I was and both Patrick and I were just happy to all be together. When we arrived at DFW we were greeted by Aunt Lynn, Uncle Jeff, Aunt Pam, cousin Brady, good friend Cathy Summers and Jim Douglas with Channel 8 and his camera guy. We may be on tonight at 10:00...Jackie smiled and looked happy to see everyone even though she was so tired. She fell asleep very fast when we started the drive from the airport and when we got home David was waiting for us. He says he sees a difference. Jamie brought us flowers and Lori came to say hi. Aunt Weise and Uncle Robert brought dinner and Granny stopped by just as Jackie fell into a very deep sleep for about an hour. We are so tired but so happy to be home. We have a busy week planned...tomorrow will be unpacking and resting then we are off to A&M for Travis's graduation on Friday and Saturday is David's Sr prom so it will be a fun week. Thank you as always for the prayers that were answered once again. I will be letting Patrick take over the updates now that he is back in town and we will be watching really close and praying really hard in the next few months for improvements. Memorial weekend is coming quick and the Race to Recovery is that Saturday (23rd). Hope everyone can come out and join or just say hi. There is a group that has been working really hard to make it a fun day for all. Love to all and thank you for expecting miracles. Kurrie "

I went to school with both of Jackie's parents- very decent, kind and smart people. This was one of those situations that really reminded me how this could happen to anyone- me, you , your child or anyone we know and care about. The account information for donations:




Legend Bank/ Attn: Jackie Murphree Benefit Account/ P.O. Box 1001/ Decatur, TX 76234.






2 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MarmiteToasty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.