Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday's Dispatch



  • There's a movie being released in June- Dead Snow. Basically some Norwegian snowboarders somehow awaken an army of Nazi Zombies.

  • A movie could be great if it had zombies or Nazis.

  • But, Nazi Zombies?

  • Epic.

  • My family is in one of those places- haven't had a lot of deaths until fairly recently, the old folks are well, getting older and of the younger ones we haven't had a lot of untimely deaths. Until recently, it was years since the last funeral I attended.

  • That has changed and for a while I believe I better keep a fresh suit ready.

  • It's interesting to see people at another persons funeral you had no idea we knew in common.

  • Two folks mentioned my sister in law who was recently killed in a car wreck.

  • Seven years after her heart transplant.

  • She was still in her 30s.

  • Independently, they had looked at the contacts on their phones at some point and saw her name- yes, there were tears.

  • If you lose someone have a video made set to music with pictures from their life and make a bunch of copies to hand out. They are really easy to make and make all the difference in the world. Most computers will be preloaded with software to make them, you won't even have to buy anything. Also, every funeral home these days is set up to play them- if not use a laptop.

8 comments:

The Accomplice said...

I watched the trailer. I couldn't watch the movie since I would be to busy reading the subtitles.

Although Nazi Zombies would be fun to watch.

Small City Scenes said...

They seemed to be in a Zombie state as Hitler's robots anyway.

Hot and sweaty can be good.

Interesting blog ya have here.

MB

el chupacabra said...

acco- same here on the subtitles.

scs- good point. ha, yes hot+sweaty= good! i remember that one.

MarmiteToasty said...

I fall asleep wating subtitle films...

life aye, its what we sign up for.. sorry about you keeping a fresh suit..

If I still live around here, Im being buried up at the natural burial ground at broadhalfpenny downs which is about 5 minutes up the lanes from me, ya maties carry ya in a wicker coffin through the woods it a little clearing, they plonk ya down, and have a picnic with ya, and talk about ya and laff about ya.... then they bury ya, clear up their picnic stuff, clear away the tea mugs.... and wander back though the woods to the lane and their cars........ often they plant a tree on ya.... I have a conker tree growing in a pot in me garden from a conker that I picked up about 4 years ago from the said tree.... me maties said, dont live to long cos they aint dragging a huge conker (horse chestnut) tree through the woods lol.... but who knows where I will be living when that time comes..

Very sad about yoru sister in law, Im so sorry :(

I thought nazis were already zombies ... or is that just heart and soul dead..

x

MarmiteToasty said...

oops ya can tell Im knackered today cos of me spelling and missing bits out lol

from the said tree = from a huge conker tree that is out the back of me garden..... the tree where all me boys have climbed and played in since tots..

x

Kasie said...

Funerals are always depressing. I have always heard people you know die in 3's.
I hope thats not true.

LandShark 5150 said...

Me loves me some Zombie flicks. Will have to watch. Watched 'The Devil's Tomb' today, a little bit zombie like, more demon. Had Cuba Gooding and Jason London think (the quarterback in Dazed and Confused), Ron Perlman(Hellboy), Henry Rollins(Heat and the band Blackflag). Good idea ,bad production.

4 Life said...

We've, oddly, had a lot of funerals lately too. Weird.

I agree - zombies, yes, nazis, yes...but nazi zombies? Who-boy!