Wednesday, May 27, 2009

1000 Posts Many, Many More Miscellanious Missives







  • Have accomplished most of what I wanted with this blog- general creative expression, recounted some war stories from Iraq and my nursing, my son and a few others have used it to understand me better (might be assuming a lot on that one), teaching myself to organize my thoughts better, I've had something positive to keep me busy so I stay out of trouble (more important than you'd guess- if you knew me even).


  • However, meant to use it to learn more about the computer which I have but, still don't know how to put a link up in the text of a sentence without a 97 character URL showing or post video without same and a picture of the video showing. I've tried and looked at some blogger tutorials but- no luck.


  • I was very reluctant to open the comments up because people close to me read it but, it has been overwhelmingly positive.


  • I think I might be weird because I genuinely care about other peoples opinions.


  • I would feel rude if I didn't respond to a comment- where it would be useful/appropriate.


  • Was offered money to build up a blog for a business person I know who loved mine- never thought that would happen.


  • Did a skeleton with an outline and sort of a mission statement and some sample posts. They loved it but, that's as far as I got. Need to get back to that, had some good ideas and it really came together quickly and fully for what they needed.


  • Find the comments on here flattering and educational to me in more ways than one- although I don't go out of my way to be controversial here- I do speak my mind so it's affirming to see the positive comments related to my posts and how they are presented.


  • Have at least one post per week scheduled out to Feb 2013.Won't tell you my goal though.


  • But, can say some of the posts I've liked the best are scheduled that far out- so, Stay Tuned- The Same Bat Channel- The Same Bat Time- Here On blogadelphia!

6 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

I began to read this post and my heart sank and all the juices of my body dried up........ it sounds like a 'dear john letter' :(

I can help you to put a link up, it baffled me for yonks and then, I dont even remember how, I read how to do it somewhere and I tried it and its dead easy when you know how...... I do have the 'code' for it written down so its easy to share with you if ya would like to.... I have to copy the code meself cos I am still very much a computer retard..

Ya not weird... ya genuine.. and that in itself is a special gift..

I think you are a great person to build up a blob for others..... your blob is, to me, so wonderfully different.... and I loved it the first time I stumbled through the door and then spent the entire bloody evening and into the night reading from your very first post, and each new post make me smile and cry and SMILE and think and learn...

Speaking ones mind is always good, it shows you are real and have your own opinions and ya not fake or playing games...

Do I get this dreaded feeling you are leaving this blob? :(

I dont know much about blodding and Ive only just sussed out how to put a video up, on me twaddle post before the last one, but I can show ya how to link and a few bits and bobs... so that like in your last paragraph instead of just bolding your text you can actually link to them :)...

Dont leave.......

x

Ada said...

I'm with Ms Toasty. Please don't leave. I check your blog a couple times a day. It makes me smile. It makes me think. It makes for good reading. :)
And I too care about what people think. My ex husband said I needed to stop caring so much. I guess I don't know if it is a good thing or a bad thing. Hmmm...

el chupacabra said...

marmsi- i'm sticking with it for now.

ada- thanks for compliments. easy to see you are a caring person. not always easy to be that way- or stop.

MarmiteToasty said...

for now? dont make me come over there and sort you out LOL.... just joking....

x

The Accomplice said...

To add a link to text is pretty easy.
In your tool bar (where you can upload a picture, add bulletted list, and spell check) there is a world icon with a harmonica looking thing on it. Closer to the left near the change font setting.

Highlight the word that you want to use as the link. Then click on the world icon. It will ask you to enter the http you want to link to. By that point you should have an idea on what you want to link there. Usually I have another window open and I have already copied the http that I want there. Its as easy as copy and paste at that point.

Hope that helps. It took me a couple of days to figure it out. Its very easy.

MarmiteToasty said...

Cripes Accomplice - I must do it a right proper 'round about face' way LOL

x