Thursday, May 7, 2009

Fridays Dispatch: The Early Edition!









  • I've just started an episode of Wonder Woman on joost.com. Amazing- not only did we watch that show in prime time it was an hour long show! What simpletons we were.
  • Glad to see we're so much more sophisticated in our tastes.
  • But, holy smokes- the woman who played her was beautiful.
  • The assistant to Dr. Lightman on Lie To Me looks quite a bit like her I think.
  • "Champagne for everyone!" Vivian Vance who played Ethel Mertz was quoted as saying when she learned while dining in a Restaurant William Frawley who played Fred had died.
  • I went out on the front porch last night, it was covered in June bugs.
  • Dumb bugs- it's only May.
  • What to watch for if you or a friend are bitten by a person suspected of being a Zombie: "The symptoms occur in the following order. The timeline may be several hours off, depending on the number and location of the bites, and the size and resilience of the victim.
    Hour 1- Pain and discoloration of the infected area. Immediate clotting of the wound.
    Hour 5- Fever between 99 °F. and 103 °F. Chills, slight dementia, vomiting, and acute pain in the joints.
    Hour 8- Numbing of extremities and infected area, increased fever from 103 °F to 106 °F. Increased dementia and loss of muscular coordination.
    Hour 11- Paralysis in the lower body, overall numbness, and slowed heart rate.
    Hour 16- Coma.
    Hour 20- Cardiac arrest and cessation of brain activity.
    Hour 23- Reanimation" from max brooks (son of mel) zombie survival guide complete protection from the living dead.

  • "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller.
  • Just started a new show hadn't heard of before today that looks really good- Green Wing.
  • "From the multi-award winning team that produced Smack The Pony comes Green Wing - a hospital comedy like no other. Part soap, part documentary, part neither, this is comedy drama at its most surreal and entertaining. Devised and produced by Victoria Pile."
  • I knew it was British by the expression on the actors faces in their pic for the intro.
  • Man, English people get excited about all the shows we bloody yanks steal from them!
  • Oh, and forget about comparing it to Scrubs.
  • Why?
  • The English people writing reviews of this show say so.

9 comments:

YM said...

I see what you mean about the likeness of the woman on Lie To Me and Wonder Woman. I like that show. Lie To Me, not Wonder Woman.

So is there an antidote for Zombie bites?

YM said...

PS Do you use Twitter?

el chupacabra said...

My queen- Hee hee. Sorry- I do that whenever someone says twitter. Its sort of like when in school and the teacher would say "titmouse" or "Lake Titicaca" and all the boys would giggle. Ahem, sorry goofy mood.
No I don't twitter.

The only known antidote to the zombie bite continues to be a brain shot or separation of the head from the body. So practice, practice, practice!
Take care.

MarmiteToasty said...

Isnt Green Wing just the 'daftest funniest to hell with whats going on in life and the world' programme.. and no, it aint nuffin like scrubs (which we LOVE in this house).. Green Wing is one of those programmes where you can just sit and laff for a while regardless of all the shit around :)

It a friend gets a zombie bite and it turns septic... do not squeeze and suck the infected area especially if its a bite on the bum... I had 170 mossie bites whilst in Wisconson and had to visit the hopital cos they all went 'bad' and they wouldnt let me out of your country cos I was wellabit poorly lol... it must of been my delicate British skin they liked munching on lol

Wonder woman.... daft then and daft now..

Them bloody yanks must hate it that we love there telly programmes.....

I adore... Everyone Loves Raymond, even though my tosser X's name is Raymond lol

I adore... Malcom in the Middle, it often reminds me of this house except minus the crazy husband...

I adore... Scrubs

I adore...My name is Earl..

and so the list goes on... not that I understand everyting in all those shows cos some of it can be a little foreign :)

LOL@my word verification - PLOOGE

x

MarmiteToasty said...

I will add, only 3 of the mossie bites were on me bum lol

x

el chupacabra said...

Hi Marmi- My Name Is Earl is one of my faves. About to finish Green Wing- called out on a case before I could finish it yesterday. That word verification deal- dont remember setting it up that way and thought I had to choose whether to have it or not. Is it a major pain? Motard is still the favorite of the ones I've seen.

The Accomplice said...

I remember watching Wonder Woman when I was a child.

I love Lucy! Vivian and William didn't get along?

Don't watch Quarantine. At first it looks like a Zombie related movie but it's not. The people have Rabies.

Miss_proper said...

I think that the June bugs ARE zombies!

el chupacabra said...

Acco- No, they hated each others guts. So much so a spinoff show idea centered around her was canned because she couldn't stand being around him.

Gina- Ha