Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wednesdays Digressions









  • If I was in charge of America address The World I would make an announcement something like this regarding the Somali pirate being held on US soil after his conviction (also, the associated sentence of which would be very reasonable)- say 3-5 years. While the US retains the right to defend her ships with deadly force and prosecute future cases to the fullest extent of the law due to the low rank of this pirate, young age, lack of death and serious wounds the crew of MAERSK Alabama he will be held in a federal facility and if he avails himself of educational opportunities, shows remorse and a willingness to become a productive member of society while serving his sentence following completion he will be allowed to stay in the US- if he so desires...





  • No, I know a politician wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole but, if you knew something of how the minds of people beside the redneck sitting next to you (specifically a Somali whom I will assure you is also a Muslim) you'd know it's hard to buy the kind of goodwill that gesture would purchase- cheaply.





  • It would practically guarantee better treatment and release of future hostages and disarm the pirates and other US haters propagandistic use of the guy, whether he rotted in a US prison or was freed to his home country after prison.




  • Almost any cover of an old song these days is easily as good and usually better than the original.




  • Missed a call from my office to care for an infant hospice patient- may have sang a different tune after taking it but, I'm very sorry I missed it.




  • So far youngest patient is 42 oldest 100.




  • Was surprised recently while talking to an official who is strongly pro death penalty to find he didn't know the answer to a simple question about how it was carried out. In fact I knew more about it the entire procedure than he did.




  • Bad toupees freak me out a little. Mostly because there are such good quality ones available and shaved heads are so accepted and look good as long the guy has a well shaped head. I had a friend once that it was a year before I knew he wore a hairpiece. We were working out with big weights and since he didn't have me spot him, when he got in trouble he had to let a barbell go behind the spots the weights sit on the bench and fall to the floor. The barbell rubbed his hairpiece off revealing a big open area- he looked like he had been scalped. He had been shot in the head a few years before.




  • I know a lot of people who've been shot.



  • Have rediscovered the show Brisco County Jr. starring Bruce Campbell. The episode I watched was very good however as I recall that show jumped the shark very quickly over some kind of quest for a "mysterious orb" which totally ruined an otherwise good show. If you want to check it look it up on joost.com

8 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

I think you might be onto something in the first part of your post...... can see it going down though like a ton of bricks in a dingy..

Syrupa figs also freak me out, and I can pick them out a mile.... but what freaks me out the most is 'combovers' and if I was married to a 'combover man' I would snip it off as he slept and then blame the cat :) or blame a young child LOL

I do not know anyone that has been shot with a real gun... unless you class a BB gun as a real one...... my Tom shot out his friends front teeth when they were about 11 with a BB gun.... and Darren Wearn had his eye shot out with one when I was a child... and he had a glass eye, when as an adult he would take it out in the curry house restuarant and place it in the middle of his curry... why?

Some of me farmer maties around here have shotguns but they are locked away by law in metal cabinets when not in use....

x

Anonymous said...

I dunno, Chup, I think the 'orb' may have been part of the original premise. The show had kind of a The Wild Wild West vibe about it. I read that Julius Carry, the Lord Bowler character, died awhile back.

My favorite episode was one where Brisco, having saved the passenger train, fell into [a roll in] the hay with a fair maiden in a boxcar. No graphic sex scene here, the camera cut away to the steam locomotive's piston rod actuator - great metaphor! I've never laughed so hard.

The other show I liked in the '90s was Renegade, seemed like sort of a spin-off of The A-Team.

el chupacabra said...

marmi- syrupa figs? What is that saying about the Brits and Americans are separated by a common language.

2:08 ano- I do remember that the orb didn't seem to be in every episode so when I caught up with it and it would be central to the story I always wondered why? I've watched 2 or 3 of them now and no mention of the goofy thing yet and they've been enjoyable.
You're right Carry died late last year of pancreatic ca. very sad- he was only 56.

MarmiteToasty said...

Sorry, rhyming slang, I forgot doodles dont talk like what we does LMFAO....

syrupa figs = wigs

:)

x

The Accomplice said...

I never really thought that hospice patients could be infants. It's something that isn't thought of much. Your job must be difficult when children are involved.

When I worked at the local hospital, I saw several children die. It still affects me to this day. I have accident policies on each of mine. But to know that your child will die must be horrible.

el chupacabra said...

Acco- An association that I think of when this subject comes up are my own children- escpecially my baby. People have commented it would be hard on me since I have a baby. I think actually because of him I'd be ideal to care for a baby since I'm experienced in the care of an infant, could sympathise with parents AND as far as coping seems like it would just make you feel more fortunate for what you have. But, all this is my theory, don't know how it would actually pan out in practice.

MarmiteToasty said...

I personally think that whomever was within your care would find the most wonder amazing person, not only for themselves but the whole family....

You dear sir, are one in a million....

*soft head OFF* * hard head ON*

x

MarmiteToasty said...

wonder = wonderful...... gawds sake... talk about knackered lol

x