Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thursday's Thoughts

Pic from an article about alleged sex romps in the cockpit of a commercial airliner. Well done Mr. Newspaper Man- well done.





  • AT&T texting PSA. Watch this with people you care about- I mean it. Texting while driving is so idiotic and pervasive it scares even me.

  • Fergie, Eva Mendes, Sarah Jessica Parker and Cher all examples of decidedly unhot- supposedly hot celebrities.

  • Some see private enterprise as a predatory target to be shot, others as a cow to be milked, but few are those who see it as a sturdy horse pulling the wagon. Winston Churchill

  • Lasagna Hamburger Helper- it's what was for supper. It was the first time I'd had it in many years. Banana nut bread is baking in the oven. It will be consumed with Braum's premium vanilla ice cream. I will be deliriously comfort fooded out in about 15 minutes.

  • I like wearing T shirts with funky sayings/pictures on them, but oddly have whittled those I own down to maybe 2 or 3.

  • My guess is dragons (as in giant fire breathing lizards) were real and went out sometime after the rest of the dinosaurs and whose memory stayed on somehow in the collective consciousness of humans.

  • Of all the things I miss from the military teaching classes is the one that surprises me most. There was just something about mastering the material and teaching it in a way that guys could value enough to absorb and then days, weeks or months later tell me what it meant to them. In fact, in Iraq a guy who was at that time an NCO, but the last time I saw him was a new private in our stateside unit came up to me and said,"I just wanted you to know I never forgot how you and SGT Foreman treated me and the other new guys when we came into the unit. The classes you taught and the way you treated us really made a difference..."

  • I appreciated that a lot, but was reminded and thought it funny, that when 90% of those classes came down they were initially assigned to higher ranking NCOs who would come ask me to bail them out and teach the class for them.

No comments: