Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday's Missives












  • Zac and I witnessed a wreck while we were out walking this morning. A woman in a KIA SUV smashed a curbside parked pickup. There's no telling why it really happened ( I picture her texting). She was going fast enough though the sound of her vehicle behind us caused me to turn in time to see it happen. Glass, reflectors, trim and body parts (of the cars-not people) flew forward 30 feet and as high as the landing to the second story of the apartments.

  • Bet she's wanting a do over.

  • I've met two people from the blogs we read and have figured out who 3 or 4 others were when I saw them.

  • There's a girl who works in a local business who looks a lot like a younger Natalie Portman. I mean a lot- she says she hears that nearly every day.

  • Got fussed at a little by a commenter who said I talk about war too much and mentioned to the effect we need to wrap up the ones we're in. I get that and she's probably right on both accounts, but part of the reason I have this blog is to document my thoughts on my war time experience and also our countries wars in general.

  • We will never do anything like win in Afghanistan- one reason to get out.

  • And Iraq? We've bought that country in more ways than one. We brought a lot of misery and also a lot of hope to the people of Iraq. We can't leave them for these reasons and the fact it is still winnable.

  • My friend has a key to use the internet at my house. It's nothing to walk in and not know he's there (he usually texts me, but I miss them like any other occasionally). It sort of perplexes other people, but I think nothing of it at all.

No comments: