Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Wednesday's Digressions/Old Draft Clean Up (on aisle 6)


  • There is some concern being expressed in the news over Russia's deployment of S400 antiaircraft missiles to Syria. Uh, maybe a bigger deal is their deployment of electronic warfare units and equipment. They can use it for shenanigans that don't involve killing folks but that may be just as provocative.
  • A natural fact: Turkey has to be the biggest buyer of IS's illicit oil.
  • There are kids sitting next to me that must have been out duck hunting this morning.
  • It is 0932 in the morning and pouring down rain. I am going home to take a nap and I don't care what you think about me.
  • A guy at the table next to me just made the mistake of asking a lady how her life is going. Her car is leaking. She is 10 credits away from her degree- why is she working here? Her husband's back is out. Her dog is sick...
  • Recently I found out what a big deal an exes new guy is making over her. Believe me bro- she ain't all that great.
  • A childhood friend always talked about Camp Hoblitzelle. As a result of this I begged to go to a summer camp. Although I remember mom saying she would find another besides it I have no recall of the name of the one I did get sent to. We did a rote painting of a lake scene with mountains and trees reflected in the water. I tried so hard and it came out pretty good and I was unbelievably proud. After bringing it outside I laid it on a dumpster to dry while we played dodgeball. When I came back to it the wind had blown it over causing it to land face down ruining my masterpiece. I cried like a baby.
  • I think it may have been then I began my long descent into madness.

No comments: