Monday, April 18, 2016

Monday's Missives


  • I am going to start learning the violin.
  • At work there is somebody who has indicated to others she has something of an understanding of peoples issues with their kids as she faces some of the same things with her pet dog although she has no children or spouse. Reports are that multiple people have had to restrain themselves to keep from strangling her when she brings up the subject. Personally, I felt sorry for her when I first heard that was her viewpoint. Honestly- it was one of the saddest things I have heard in a while.
  • Yesterday (01/13/2016) at the doctor's office I opened the door for an elderly lady who was using a walker and halted outside the glass door. Part of the reason (besides being an inveterate gentleman) I helped her was I thought she might be waiting for help and assumed that was why she paused. As I opened the door she had a weird, almost shocked look. As she passed by me her countenace changed to an oddly embarrassed expression.  I realised as a fragrant aroma hit me full force in the face why she halted outside the door; she wanted to cut a fart before she walked into the office.
  • Phew. I mean wow lady- something may be wrong with you baby. Tell the doc about that and get it checked out or somethin'
  • This morning I finished (again) Treasure Of The Sierra Madre and then immediately afterward watched it again with the commentary running. It is literally a great and nearly perfect movie. The casting for every character exibited genius.
  • Tim Holt who played Curtin was wounded on the last day of World War II and received the purple heart.

3 comments:

RPM said...

ToTSM is a magnificent film. Humphrey Bogart's descent into paranoid delusions is fantastic. One of his finest performances. John Huston really outdid himself, too.

One of the film's hidden nuggets (pun intended) is the little boy selling lottery tickets. It's Robert Blake.

el chupacabra said...

Holy smokes- you're right about that role. Did I forget that bit of trivia or just recognize him without it registering who he was?!

an Donalbane said...

In the past week, I have seen the dreadlock chick meme with about three different messages. Lagniappe's Lair also used the image.