Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Wednesday's Digressions



    A highly polished ruby found at the pond- no doubt left behind by one of the noble Kickapoo Indians as he foraged in the area many years ago.




  • One more reason I love America. God, I love America.
  • "And all the cousins have been recovered."
  • From an ad for a motor home- I assume they meant cushions.
  • I can't stand to see a rape scene in a movie and unless it's brief, non graphic and really pertains to the story usually cannot finish the movie.
  • Another weird one in that vein: I didn't think much about the scene in Pet Semetary where the little boy gets run over by the truck until I watched it again years later when my eldest was a toddler- couldn't finish it and found it very disturbing.
  • Still perplexed at how so many people of such low intelligence become leaders at the national level in this country. And still absolutely face palm and head wag simultaneously when some speak- they haven't even mastered the English language.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Public speaking is hard, even for otherwise intelligent people. I can always understand how someone put on the spot screws up, like that Miss America woman who couldn't remember the capital of her own state.

Granted, it ought to get easier after so long, and when I see people like Sheila Jackson Lee still having trouble with noun/verb agreement after spending a lifetime seeking out cameras, I do start to wonder...