Monday, June 23, 2014

Monday's Missives



  • If Alien V Predator is not the best horror/sci fi movie ever- it's way up on the list.

  • I tend to think my life is probably more fortunate than most, but that it can turn sucky quickly- suckier than most people I might otherwise compare to well.

  • Is this true of everybody?

  • I'm rarely surprised as most seem to be at the amount of time that passes after the death of someone.

  • Rare exception? I still can't believe how long its been since Micheal Jackson died.

  • People need to hear died and dead etc.- instead of passed away and passed. Really, people aren't doing themselves or others any favors with these euphemisms at the point of death. Think about it- everybody knows there comes a time you have to start grieving yes, but also accepting that the person is dead. Why don't we start at the point uh- the person dies?

  • Instead, we start the lies basically at that point.

  • Daybreakers has it's moments as a vampire movie. I like that there are different levels of vampirism and that it started as a pandemic disease.

  • Also kinda funny concept- wildfires were started all over the planet by animals getting caught in the sun and bursting into flames after infection.

  • I can't find my shoes this morning- literally, as in I have been up for 30 minutes, I only take them off in 3 places and 90% of the time it's in one spot.

  • See how terrible my life can be?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am slowly learning how to get past the death euphemisms as well. instead of saying Grandma "went on to her sweet reward," now I can say, "ate Katy's cooking" or "wasn't as good at cleaning Katy's gutters as we thought she'd be."

Anything is better with the monsters from Alien in it. I could sit through an Adam Sandler movie if it had Aliens.

Okay, "Prometheus" wasn't better with an Alien in it, but most anything else would be...

el chupacabra said...

Bleeeack- Prometheus. Confusing, disjointed and pointless does not equal deep.

Omigosh that waas one bad movie.

Have a good week Katy