Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Wednesday's Digressions



  • One of the x-ray tetras croaked last night and the ghost shrimp have been furiously doing their part to dispose of it. They've eaten all the fins and skin off. Two of the shrimp are carrying eggs so I guess they're eating for sixty.
  • Dr Pepper: one of natures most perfect foods- in a recyclable wrapper. Find it in your grocers awesome section.
  • Hey, that was pretty good- maybe I need to become and ad exec. like every father in every single sitcom of the 60s.
  • Zachary gets concerned when there's no groceries to speak of in the house and demands we go shopping when he realizes there's not much here even though we often eat out a couple of times a day.
  • I could not have dreamed of that as a child.
  • Where was the site of Manuels Restaurant (called Mannies)? I think it may have been somewhere in Lake Worth and burned down in the 70s.
  • We are going to try our hands at carp fishing soon. I can't wait to see Zac's face when we hook into some of that action. I'll need a bunch of new tackle and in fact a rod and reel first.
  • FG just walked behind me and saw a picture of a tattoed skank on a motorcycle I found searching for another image to illustrate something ( I was writing about an Army officer). I used it anyway as an ironic goof.  She stopped dead in her tracks and glared at me like she just caught me looking at prawn with my thing in my hand- where do you even start with that? It is 2013- looking over somebody's shoulder at their laptop screen is exactly the same as picking up a phone on the same line somebody is using and listening in. Like most people, she believed what she thought she saw and what she thought that meant. 
  • Old draft clean up day...
  • A headline earlier mentioned male menopause- good grief. Everybody wants to have a disease, affliction, diagnosis or syndrome these days.

1 comment:

an Donalbane said...

Yeah, I think Jim Anderson (before he went to med school and changed his name to Marcus Welby) was an insurance guy, and Ward Cleaver apparently worked for a trust company. George Baxter (Hazel), was a lawyer, and Ozzie Nelson was lead singer for a heavy - wait - well, it was unclear what he did.

My Dad coulda been a TV dad, sorta - he was usually home by 5:00 or 5:30, maybe watched the news, but instead of slipping into a 'smoking jacket' or some stupid thing, he was usually working on some project, customizing his Scout, welding something, reloading shotgun shells (used to be an avid skeet shooter) or the like. His day job was such that I probably was 20 years old before I realized it was legal to wear anything but a starched white button down shirt and tie, and wingtip shoes, for business attire.