Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Open Carry Thoughts

Nah, I don't believe it but that doesn't stop it from being kinda funny

  • You know what is awesome about living in Texas? If I wanted to do it I know and have always known I could totally walk down the street carrying my trusty shotgun or Bushmaster (or shotgun and Bushmaster). Want to know what is awesome about living in a polite, civil and well ordered society? We don't have to do that and most of us would rather not see that happen and have to wonder as we enjoy another God given right of destroying ourselves with a bacon cheeseburger if the goob carrying his SKS into Jack In The Box is expressing his right or is there to kill us all. The open carry people are literally doing more to harm gun rights than any anti gun initiative I can think of in the past 20 years. They have made businesses and individuals believe now is a time to say, No and people are associating every other gun owner with the OC types.
  • I can go to a beach and be half naked for the day and there is nothing wrong with that. I can go to a store wearing swim trunks and be barefoot as long as they don't serve food and it is legal, it doesn't mean it isn't wrong, disruptive, rude and impolite.

  • I equate the open carry types somewhat to the 99%ers.  I am not sure what they're trying to prove,  think they going about it the wrong way regardless, their motives are suspect and their method of expressing their rights are disruptive to other people out of bounds to their right of expression.
  • There are lots of things in this world I can do- it doesn't mean I should.
  • Wonder what the open carry proponents would think of a group of armed black people wandering around asserting their right to carry? Hmmm? 
  • When the next anti gun laws are passed here I will be shocked if there isn't a demonstrable link back to the open carry issue.
  • Anyway, never get so caught up in worrying about your rights you forget your manners.

1 comment:

an Donalbane said...

Why is that camo dude, uh, groping that other camo dude, on the set of The Little Mermaid?

That ain't right...

I agree with your assessment of the poster - it's kinda funny even if I do support OC.

And you're definitely right about the OC fringers screwing el perro if their aim truly is to get OC legislation/easing.

Seems inconceivable to me that a group of people could be that PR tone-deaf, but life is full o' surprises.