Thursday, June 5, 2014

Thursday's Thoughts

For sale: Slightly used snowblower in beautiful condition. Ha! Oh forget it- don't know why I try some days.






  • The bad thing about shows like Intervention and others with the same invasive concept is I believe the layperson assumes this tactic is necessary and effective. The truth? This method of getting through to the addict is almost always counterproductive and will also almost always further alienate the person they are trying to help.
  • Any of these shows cause people to play to the camera and I don't know how anyone could reasonably argue that.
  • I rarely watch any type of reality show. Exception- Cops and I'm getting soured on it even.
  • A reality show I've never seen but, always seem to catch the ads for is Repo Man. Is that the name, where the guy and his family go out and repos cars on video? Anyway, that show will come to a screeching halt when one of those nitwits is gunned down in someones front yard.
  • Maybe it's just me but, people who are in such bad shape they are about to lose their cars- might be having a bad day anyway.
  • There is a cable channel now that's all reality shows.
  • I've known both the good guys and bad on episodes of Cops.
  • Do we watch the ones that follow celebrity lives out of curiosity, the desire to live through them or we want to believe our lives aren't so bad after seeing the train wrecks that are some of their lives?
  • The screeching sound of shoes on a gym floor hurt my ears and when I've sat through a game I can hear the sound for hours later.
  • I have an idea for a new fruit snack- dehydrate grapes then when you want a grape just add water!
  • Oh, that's a raisin?
  • Nevermind.
  • May 23- save the date! 

No comments: