Friday, June 13, 2014

Friday's Dispatch

One for the ladies: a very young and hot Christopher Walken. You're welcome.


  • I could not tell you how many dogs and cats I've brought home through the years and found homes for them after cleaning them up and getting them healthy. It's too bad more people don't this it would save our economy millions and involve more people in something that really makes you feel good about yourself.
  • The town I live in now is very proud of its animal shelter and touts the fact prisoner labor is used for care and related projects. This is great for the prisoners especially and helpful for the budget but, I think that could be misleading to a casual reader- that place must cost at least 200,000 dollars annually.
  • The town I grew up in just finished a shelter and officials are proud they saved the taxpayers 200,000 dollars- the cost was brought down to 800,000 dollars. 
  • Until only a few years ago there was no where in that town for an abused woman human being to turn.
  • The above from an old draft clean up day.
    Found during my search for a bike. Ad said it was, " Unique and attention getting."
  • Efram Zimbalist Jr has died at 95. He was one of my favorite actors as a boy. He played golf on the final day of his life his family said.
  • Funny difference between men and women: Our supervisor is a literal stud when it comes to drawing blood even though he is up in the ivory tower today and has left the trenches. One day he passed my office after a female nursing buddy attempted a difficult stick on a patient. I saw him and said, Hey, man- it doesn't look like you have anything going on- wanna help us with this stick? Two female nurses were just nearly flabbergasted. One of them said later, Kevin. He's the supervisor. You just barked at him to draw that blood! I know a female would not look at it this way but most men would- I know he is the supervisor and don't need to be reminded of that but he is a skilled nurse and will always enjoy using those skills. He knows that I know he is the supervisor. Men also use and respond well to playful familiarity that is not disrespectful. We don't mind being reminded who we are and where we came from- women can rarely say that I think or at least are much less likely to think that way.
    Simple Photoshop that will forever change how you look at Sam Clemens.
  • When I ordered both my dual fuel stove and Serta brand air mattress I had them shipped to my house as the shipping was free and to keep from driving 4 minutes to the Walmarts- which I do a couple of times a month anyway. I am not sure if that is awesome or atrocious.

No comments: