Thursday, June 12, 2014

My Earliest Memory





These pictures represent what I'm pretty sure is my earliest memory- the Appolo 11 moon landing July 16 1969. I was 5 years old. My mom and brother during a converstion once doubted I could have possibly remembered this until I related remembering my brother blocking the view taking pictures of the television image and recording the sound with a reel to reel recorder. I also remember my dad questioned the general value of the effort and doubting the picture would take anyway, due to the glare of the flash. When I think about it I can remember everything including the smells of the old house.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was not born until, well, a couple years after the moon landing, we'll say. But I'm always amazed on how everyone who was alive then remembers it so vividly.

There are things from my childhood I remember quite well, but I'm not sure there are any PUBLIC events that I remember like that - things that everybody remembers.

el chupacabra said...

Hi Kate- the attempt on Reagan's life- or am I dating u too much? Challenger probably?