Monday, June 2, 2014

Monday's Missives


  • Does anybody send Ecards anymore? I can't remember the last time I received one or even saw a pop up etc. advertising them and was only reminded earlier of them by an article headline. Honestly- it has been years since those things crossed my mind.
  • FG's mom is our neighbor.
    Spotted whiptail's nest hole. Pretty smart: they dig it out on a flat surface. To a predator they disappear and said predator wont find the hole unless they're in the exact right place looking at the exact correct angle. Maybe not so smart: this one was on a trail.


  • An odd observation as I don't normally notice nor care about what our vapid, vacuous celebrities say, do or think: That Kardashian woman and Kanye West adore each other. I'm not even trying to generate an Awwwww moment- again I literally do not care but it is obvious in every picture you see of them.
    Gag, I'm not sure what people are thinking but they do  get it wrong don't they? If I recall correctly he said something about the mural being a real attention getter. I bet it is little buddy- I bet it is.  I think this thing was for sale for two months- and no one was more surprised than the owner
  • In every video I see coming out of Ukraine the Russian Mi 24s are flying low and slow.
  • US and NATO  forces are again training for big armored battles between brigade size conventional units. I'll try not to say I told you so.
  • Dead Kennedys I Am The Owl
  • X-Men Honest Trailers
  • A guy who was just sentenced for bilking the Girl Scouts out of hundreds of thousands of dollars was named Channing Smack. He never had a chance.



    This little guy was trapped in one of the pools at Clark Gardens. I tried to get him out. He tried to bite me.
  • Every nickel spent and life lost in Afghanistan was wasted and that is incredibly sad to me.
  • How to look smart: if you see a terrorist name containing, Al Amriki somewhere in it even if the source doesn't say where the person is from you will at least know he is from America. Roughly translated it means, The American.
  • Hot sports opinion: whoever buys the Clippers (and it will probably be a group) literally everything they do and don't do will be based on an assumption of racism and ending said practice.

2 comments:

an Donalbane said...

The motorcycle mural is ghey.

He tried to bite me.

Umm, dude, that's what snakes do. While I don't feel the need to crush all their heads with my heel, I give anything larger than a garden snake a wide leeway. When Daughter catches a grass snake, I tell her to go put it back in the rocks/under the deck/etc.

The goofs that gas the snakes in Sweetwater? Idjits who are a few rattles shy of a pair of maracas.

el chupacabra said...

Don- the funny thing about the horrendous muralled bike is as I recall it otherwise wasn't a bad deal so I'm pretty sure it was 90% of why it wouldn't sell.

Rattlesnake round ups are a terrible, awful practice that should be illegal.