Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Wednesday's Digressions

Wood drying yard in Seattle- back in the day



  • From the house about 3 to 400 meters behind us this morning, It's not fair, it's not fair, it's not fair!
  • You're telling me brother.
  • Shout it to the heavens- for all of us.
  • Won't do you a bit of good though.
    Chris Burney the guitar player for Bowling For Soup. When you see it- you'll fall out of your chair. The radio stations and print/online media out of Dallas like to call BFS their own but they got together in Wichita Falls and are based in Denton- so yeah, whatever.
  • Watching a very good, though now defunct science fiction series I'd never heard of- Firefly. It's on HULU. If you ever watch it you'll notice the character Zoe Washburne uses a mares leg pistol. This is the same one from a pair used on the show The Adventures Of Brisco County Jr.
  • How's that for random trivia?
  • Ate at Chicken Scratch Bistro today.
  • Not normally a Bistro kind of guy.
  • But, it was pretty good.
  • Kept calling it Chicken Crap Bistro- hope I don't have to recall the name in polite company- I'll be in trouble.
  • Obviously from an ages old draft- Firefly has been a favorite for literally years and  the bistro may actually be out of business but I'm not sure.
  • Omigosh-  they've been at this over an hour and a half- and there is no end in sight! What I whispered to FG during the last play we attended.
    The rare and elusive homeless person in his natural habitat.  Click on the picture to activate video of him staggering across the street to take a dump in the empty lot.

2 comments:

an Donalbane said...

I would dig having a 'Mare's leg', preferably in .45 Colt, as a companion to a 'New Thunderer' (a modern marriage of SA innards with 1877 birdshead form - "the gun Sam shoulda built"). I'd want the receiver to be casehardened, but, ironically, I don't want the huge loop lever. A standard, or flattened slightly oversized lever would suit me just fine.

I've gotta get the boxed set of Brisco - that show was genius. Have probably mentioned it before, but my favorite scene/gag was Brisco about to get jiggy wit it with the gorgeous chick in a pile-o-hay in a moving box car. The scene cuts away to a brief sequence of the steam locomotive connecting rod's reciprocal motion. Brilliant!

el chupacabra said...

Ha! I rememeber that scene. Some time ago I rewatched most or maybe all of Brsco- yes, genius is the word and it had aged very well.

Although if forced at gunpoint to nit pick- I may say it was a bit repetitive.