Thursday, June 19, 2014

Thursday's Thoughts

Every car has a story the owner of this car told me in the parking lot of Harbor Freight as he told me this 57 Chevy's story- in detail. I kid. He was really a cool guy and we asked.

His doggy

The window mounted AC he showed us that was stashed in the trunk
First image I found when looking for an old friend online. Man, he has changed. He used to never wear a bandanna around his neck. 

  • Jared Leto is probably the best actor/singer type alive. I also like some of Harry Connick Jr's roles. Who am I missing?
  • I first spelled "singer" sineger in that sentence.
  • The best ever? Frank Sinatra- hands down. Watch some of his movies if you don't believe me- you wouldn't doubt that statement if you'd already seen them. The Man With The Golden Arm, The Manchurian Candidate and From Here To Eternity among the best and Suddenly- well deserving of an honorable mention.
  • Took my daughter out to Chinese food for dinner and let her pick her birthday present then we installed the DVD player I got us all for an early Christmas present in the CRV. It was great.
  • The CRV needs a name- CRummer?
  • The above except for the pics is from a very old draft. The CRummer AKA Littlecar has been gone literally for years.
  • I like to nap. I hurt a lot so I get fatigued. It makes me feel better in general and helps me use the time left in the day more wisely. I also appreciate it's sweet, sweet release and don't mind saying it and don't care who knows. Thirty minutes normally isn't enough. An hour and a half is too much and one hour is just right- perfect.
  • Earlier I looked up an old friend online and found pics of him that were taken recently. It has been over 20 years since I saw him. He has aged well but man it was weird to see him well- old. He is well known in his professional circles and is an author of multiple books and speaker. He introduced me to the term yella dog but interestingly, the above poster didn't have anything to do with him even though it showed up in his search. I almost married his daughter. Maybe I'll contact him and say hey. Maybe I'll leave it alone.
  • To have been produced and directed by such well known, able people and to star Gregory Peck and Susan Hayward The Snows of Kilimanjaro is one mashed up, amateurish clumsy wreck.
  • I spelled amateurish correctly up there. No one is more surprised than I.
  • People, especially the elderly are drawn to FG and that is a nice thing

1 comment:

an Donalbane said...

Ahh, yes, the HFT @ Trail Lakes - I used to be a regular there, until they built one in NRH. Some dude in China probably put his kid through med school from all the stuff I bought there.