Friday, February 28, 2014

Friday's Dispatch


  • A fave song Local H performing Bound For The Floor. A great, great song that has been at various times in my pitiful life autobiographical. An always cool song- especially loud on a good system.
  • Bonus from back in the day- Siverchair playing Tomorrow.
  • Rubberband Man by the Spinners- what I'm listening to right now.
  • We leave for the Mineral wells State Park outback in a few minutes. The staff there literally, unofficially and tongue in cheek call the primitive area The Outback.
  • Camping pro tip: Consider forgoing department store brand (Coleman too) sleeping bags and watch Campmor for Kelty, The North Face and Mountain Hardwear brands down filled bags on sale. With care it will keep you warmer longer and easily last 10 years or more. Bonus: keep it in your closet instead of garage or shed. Bonus to the bonus: When checking the rating consider how you sleep- hot or cold. I sleep cold. I am always colder than others around me and it takes more insulation to keep me warm. If you sleep cold, get the next lower rating than you ever expect to encounter. If you sleep hot, get the lowest rating you expect to encounter.
  • The weather is perfect outside today (02/22/2014). 
  • Earlier I saw an article about how ridiculous the name, Hummer was for a vehicle as it denotes a sex act. Funny, military guys never call a HUMWV a Hummer it was always pronounced Humvee or was simply called a truck or vehicle and I have never, ever heard a guy conversationally refer to that sex act as a, hummer.

No comments: