Thursday, February 13, 2014

Thursday's Thoughts

Name the movie.




  • If you've heard of Roky Erikson- you're cool. If not- get that way! Click here, well- there to see him perform Cold Night For Alligators sometime back in the 80s.
  • I have no idea what Greys Anatomy is about.
  • I'm not sure I've ever watched a reality show other than Cops- does that count?
  • Recently I met someone who was in a movie starring Gary Coleman.
  • I've lived in three towns with lame mascot names: Blizzards, Kangaroos and Greyhounds.
  • After gymnastics this morning I asked Zac if he wanted lunch at Pasta Finas. He said, Yes, will they feed us at Pasta Feedus?
  • Wonder if any cities have dinosaur mascots?
  • As I'm writing this unless you're eating grilled unicorn with a rainbow glaze- let me assure you what I'm eating is better- Breyers Coffee ice cream with chocolate syrup all over it.
  • Yesterday (12/24/2013) I saw a picture of Brad Pitt and his family on vacation in Australia. How/why would anybody care about what actors do when they're not making movies? Why would they ever cross anybodies minds- ever for any reason other than discussing a movie or television show they're associated with? The pics were obviously taken at long range and from an aerial perspective. I literally cannot grasp the fascination.
  • You could not keep a cleaner house than I do without being a sad obsessive compulsive, so imagine my surprise when I cleaned the not that old toaster out. Bleeeack!
    It is hard to imagine the, Time Before Multi Tools. We leave this one on the counter. No, we don't even bother to place it in a drawer as it may be used multiple time- in a single day.
  • The neighbors dog is cool.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know Roky's music, but I know the name - he was the 13 Floor Elevators guy, initially - because his name gets thrown around with other great crazies like Syd Barrett and Daniel Johnston and Skip Spence.

Texas apparently had a thriving psychedelic scene in the Sixties for a while, mostly because of Kenny Rogers' brother (?), who ran a psych label.

One of these days, I'm going to dive into the old Texas psych scene and have a listen.

Anonymous said...

TOMMIE BOY....

an Donalbane said...

I figured Todd the Blogger would be the first responder on the Farley/Spade reference.

You would think Glen Rose would dump the tiger mascot in favor of the ancient of days lizards.

todd said...

Holy Snikeys, I do love me some Tommy Boy. Not many days go by that some quote from that show doesn't pop out of my mouth for some reason.

todd said...

And about mascots, Bridgeport has as good as any - Bulls - but they call the girls' teams the "Sissies". I understand not wanting to be called cows, but sissies???